House Arrest with a Vampire and a Human

House Arrest with a Vampire and a Human

A Chapter by Tori Fletcher
"

Chapter 8

"
*Cody's POV*
I watched Ashley as she tossed and turned on the bed. I kept her hand in mine and hoped she'd be okay after the doctors left they said she had a chance to live but not a very strong one. I walked to the kitchen and saw Riley eating peanut butter straight out of the jar with a spoon. I poured myself a glass of water and sat down at the bar in the middle of the kitchen. Only to be startled by a blood curdling, spine tingling scream from the bedroom. We ran to see what it was and Ashley was sitting bolt upright in the bed with sweat caking her hair to her forehead.
"Ashley, darlin, do you remember what happened?" Riley asked her. He crossed the room and sat at the edge of the bed.
"How could I forget? He kidnapped me, you came to my rescue....and epic fail might I add, and I'm guessing I almost died." She said, smirking. Not one of pain but one of pure embarrassment. We nodded seeing as she got it right.
"Yup, I remember it just fine. In fact, I was just dreaming about it."
"Then why were you screaming?" I asked.
"Because it wasn't me taped to the chair, it was Katey and I was the one torturing her. I woke up just before she died." A silent tear slid down her cheek and Riley wiped it away with his thumb.
"Why did you do it Cody?" She asked, her head bowed studying her hands.
"Do what?" He asked dumbfounded.
"Why'd you kill my mom?" She said, pain obvious in her voice and Riley and I winced at the thought of her being in any pain at all.
*Normal POV*
I watched Cody as he rolled over what he was gonna say in his head.
"I wanted you back. I was crazy enough to think if you were afraid of me you'd come running back. But that plan all went to hell as you can see." His eyes were that, not of a malicious monster, but of a tortured kindred soul. I felt kind of sorry for him, he had gone through torture I would never know. I grabbed his hand and held it in mine. Only to have him jerk away and pace around the bed.
"What's wrong Cody?"
"What's wrong? What's wrong is that you should literally hate me for what I've done to you, Ash." He said, combing his hands through his hair.
"I don't hate you. I feel sorry for you, Cody."
"Why do you feel sorry for me?" He asked me. His eyes burning holes in the window he was looking through.
"Because, you know torment that I couldn't even dream of." I explained. Still studying my hands and the whip marks on my thighs. I stroked a finger along the longest gash.
"I wanna go to the mall." I announced.
"No, no, no, no." Riley said.
"Why not?" I asked. I looked between the two as they contemplated their answer.
"Because of what you've been through. We don't want you in the middle of a shopping spree and pass out." Cody said, still looking at the rolling mountains through the window.
"So, what? Am I on house arrest or something?" I asked, disbelieving. They nodded and rage washed over me. I hated being inside. I felt like a caged animal, an animal that would definitely lash out at somebody if kept caged too long.
"NO! I will NOT be kept inside!" I yelled.
"Sorry, Ash, just precautionary until you're feeling better."
"I feel fine!" I said in protest.
"You're officially on house arrest and that's final." Cody said.
"Ha! You're not the boss of me, Cody Harrison." I laughed.
"No, but I could easily make you stay." He smiled. I was suddenly afraid of him again. I drew my knees up to my chest and pouted. I was silent until they left the room. I walked over to the window and noticed there was a balcony so I went out on it. I looked over the edge and noticed there were vines climbing up it. They looked strong enough to hold me so I slowly started my decent down to the ground.


© 2013 Tori Fletcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013
Tags: House arrest


Author

Tori Fletcher
Tori Fletcher

Louisa, KY



About
I love writing fiction, poems, and lyrics! I get my inspiration anywhere from music to nature itself. My favorite things are books and thunderstorms...of course my boyfriend is my life and I love him .. more..

Writing
Dream Dream

A Chapter by Tori Fletcher


Going Out Going Out

A Chapter by Tori Fletcher