He's Back

He's Back

A Chapter by Tori Fletcher
"

Chapter 4

"
There was a tapping at my window so I pulled the curtains aside and revealed Jake on the ground throwing pebbles at my window. Katey opened the window and called for him to come up. He clumsily climbed through the window and joined us on my bed. He studied us until he discovered our wounds.
"What the hell happened?!" He almost yelled.
"Shut up! Ashley will explain it but you have to be quiet, okay?" Katey said, getting up to shut the door.
"It was Cody, he's a vampire." I whispered. It all seemed dreamlike again, until I felt the bandages on my neck.
"Wait, my mate Cody? No it's impossible, vampires don't exist!" He said, shocked.
"Yes your...mate." I said with disgust.
"Trust me Jake, they exist, show him Ashley." Katey said. I peeled back my bandages to reveal the two small holes in my neck.
"Oh my God!" Jake said, and I felt the panic radiating off of him. I winced as I reapplied the bandage.
"Show him yours, Katey." I said, motioning to her stomach. She pulled up her shirt and Jake, once again, couldn't look away.
"How could he hide this from us? I'm his best mate and you're his girlfriend!" He said, a little louder than I'd like him to be.
"I know Jake, and I have no idea how he successfully hid this from us for this long." I said.
"We have to do something about this guys." Katey chimed in.
"I know, but three humans against a vampire? Impossible!" I said, raking a hand through my blond hair.
"You say impossible, but we say totally possible!" Katey smiled, motioning to her and Jake.
"How'd you get away from him?" Jake asked curiously.
"Well, Ashley shot fire at him." Katey explained.
"Shot fire at him? What do you mean?" He looked at Katey like she was crazy and me like I was some fascinating science experiment.
"I don't know how to explain it exactly, I just stretched my hands out, let my anger radiate through me, and the next thing I knew he was on the ground writhing in pain." I tried explaining.
"Hmm, so does this mean that you're a-a witch?" He asked.
"I guess...I'm gonna read up on it in the next day or two. But, for now you better go, Jake." He nodded and went out the way he came in.
"You want me to find you some clothes or something?" I whirled around and Katey was already snoring. I just smiled and pulled the blanket over her. I went downstairs and flipped on the dinosaur of a desktop we'd had since I was a baby. I went to google and searched 'witch fire' there was all these spam ads and I spent most of the night and some of the morning trying to filter through them. I looked at the bottom of the screen and it said 6:42 AM. It's a good thing it was Saturday now. I clicked off of the link I was on and shut the computer down. When I crawled into bed, I noticed something was missing, I tried to figure it out and I finally did. Katey was gone!
"Katey, where are you?" I walked into the bathroom that linked the hallway to my room and found her shaking and curled up on the floor next to the shower.
"KATEY! What's wrong?" I asked, sliding onto my knees at her side. She said nothing so I shook her a little bit. She raised a shaking hand and pointed to the storage room where we kept all the towels and stuff. I slowly stood up and opened the door. I looked in it only to be shoved in it and the door slammed shut behind me. I flicked on the light switch but the light seemed to be blown.
"Oh great!" I said. I'd read something on Google that witches could kindle fire with their minds...
"Hmm, I wonder." I said, rummaging through storage finally finding a candle. I thought 'Fire' and the wick burst into flame. I whirled around only to bump into something making me drop the candle and the flame snuff out. I cursed under my breath and picked the candle back up. I rekindled the flame and the light showed me that I was alone in a dark closet with -low and behold- my crazy vampire of a boyfriend. He had a menacing smile on his face.
"Ugh, what do YOU want?" I said, surprisingly calm.
"Oh nothing, darlin'. I just wanted to make sure that you all were still alive after our little, encounter." I crossed my arms over my chest and raised an eyebrow at him.
"Really? You expect me to believe that?"
"God, am I really THAT transparent?" He asked, running a hand through his already tousled hair.
"Yes, yes you are. Now can I please get out of here?" I said, shifting my weight around.
"Well, can you? I mean, you ARE the witch here honey." He smirked, and I just rolled my eyes.
"Can't you just open the door so we can get out of here?" I asked, impatiently.
"Show me what you can do my little witchy poo." He teased. He reached out to play with my hair and I slapped his hand away.
"I'm not your 'little witchy poo' for one, and two, I honestly have no clue how to open doors with my so-called powers." I said, poking him in the chest. He put his hand over where I'd poked him and acted like it was the worst blow he'd received in his life.
"Oh come on, baby. Just show me what you can do." He said, gripping my wrists and pinning me to the wall.
"No, Cody." I said, turning my head so I didn't have to look into his eyes.
"Yes, Ashley."
"NO!" I said with a little more force behind my words.
"Yeah, go ahead." He nodded towards the door. Then, I felt something inside of me change and I hummed a little to test my voice, it was way deeper, which I thought was comical to say the least.
"NO YOU SON OF A B****!" I said, apparently giving him some sort of witchy migraine. He fell to the floor screaming and writhing in pain, his hands pressed to his temples. I hopped over him and kicked the door in, only to reveal a knocked out Katey with a bump on her forehead. I reached in her pocket and found her cell phone, I scrolled down to Jake's number and hit call. He picked up on the second ring.
"Katey? What's wrong?"
"Hey, Jake, it's Ashley. Can you come over and lend me a hand?" He'd agreed to it, not knowing what he'd thrown himself into. About twenty minutes later, he arrived and we carried Katey out to his car and went back in to get Cody, only to find that he was already gone.
"I thought you said he was here, Ashley." Jake looked at me skeptically.
"He was, I guess he came to and ran off."
"Alright, so we need to come up with a plan so this will NEVER happen again." Jake said, surprisingly taking charge.
"Well, let's go the park. Katey might wake up on the way over there." I closed the door and locked it, seeing as my mom was already gone to work. I slid down into his car and kept an eye on Katey, who was stretched out in the backseat.


© 2013 Tori Fletcher


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013
Tags: exciting


Author

Tori Fletcher
Tori Fletcher

Louisa, KY



About
I love writing fiction, poems, and lyrics! I get my inspiration anywhere from music to nature itself. My favorite things are books and thunderstorms...of course my boyfriend is my life and I love him .. more..

Writing
Dream Dream

A Chapter by Tori Fletcher


Going Out Going Out

A Chapter by Tori Fletcher