Things Change

Things Change

A Chapter by Tori Fletcher
"

third chapter

"
"Oh, I am SO sorry." Katey said, sarcastically.
"Now, it's our turn to go shopping! Let's go to Rose tree." I suggested.
"But I wanna get some new skinny jeans!"
"YOU HAVE A WHOLE CLOSET FULL OF THEM!!" I yelled, people turning to look at me weird. I just brushed it off.
"Oh fine." She said, stomping into Rose tree. A half an hour later, we walked out in our new dresses, shoes, and accessories. I was wearing a short silver dress with tassels all over it, silver sparkly bangles, and shoes that had clasps that spiraled up my legs. Katey was wearing a short coral pink dress with ruffles on top and a black belt in the middle, a pink LOL bracelet, and black ankle boots. We walked towards the boys and I could've sworn their jaws hit the floor. We grinned and walked over to them.
"Whoa!" Cody said.
"Whoa is right!" Jake agreed. Jake looked me up and down twice and Cody glared at him jealously.
"Dude, at least look at Katey and not Ashley, she's my girl and you know it!" For a split second, I thought I saw his eyes turn red, and then, just as suddenly as it had come, it was gone.
"Dude, easy, you can't say if you see a hot girl you don't look at her!" Jake said, putting his hands out in front of him.
"Hey, calm down." I told Cody, grabbing a hold of his arm. He wiggled out of my grip and pulled out his phone. He smiled at the screen and said he had to go.
"Ashley, can I talk to you for a minute?" Katey asked me, grabbing my arm. She dragged me over to the benches and we sat down.
"What is it?"
"Did you see the way he smiled when he read that text? And how suddenly he left, even without an I love you?"
"Yeah, of course I noticed it, but he could've just been going to a movie with his brother or something." I said, seeing her point.
"Maybe we should go investigate."
"No, Katey, we can't."
"Why not? Would you rather date a cheater, or figure out he's cheating and break up with him?" She said, a certain fierceness in her eyes. I looked at my new shoes and rubbed my arms.
"Break up with him." I mumbled. She nodded.
"Alright then, let's go." We said goodbye to Jake and on our way out saw Cody walking down a side road. I flipped my headlights off and we followed him. He ran out into a cornfield and we had no choice but to get out and follow him. But, before we did, we changed back into our jeans and t-shirts. After that, we ran after him but could barely make sense of where his footprints were going, the only way we did was by the light of the full moon. I kept walking and only heard my footsteps, I turned around and I was alone, no Katey.
"Katey? Katey, where are you?" I said. I saw a golden glow on the laid down stalks and decided to follow it. This scene looked very familiar in a creepy way. I came around the bend and saw the scene from my nightmare, Cody with his back to me, and Katey tied to a tree with scrapes and bruises all over her. I gasped, making Cody turn around and smile at me. I, once again, was frozen by my fear and couldn't go anywhere. Cody walked over to me and stroked my face, his arms went around my hips and I was unordinarily disgusted by it.
"Now, love, I'm not cheating on you, I'm just...not human." He smiled sickly.
"Get off me." I whispered.
"Ashely, I am so sorry, this was my idea."
"It's alright Katey, and Cody, how are you not human?" I asked, trying to wiggle out of his grip.
"I'll show you love." He said, pulling all my hair to one side. I felt his warm breath on my neck and then, it was like two needle pricks right below my jaw bone. I tried to scream but his hand covered my mouth. My head felt light and it felt like I was floating, he lowered me to the ground and broke away from my neck and wiped his mouth on the back of his hand. I couldn't move, it felt like I was a prisoner in my own body and I was watching through a window as Cody got up and pulled an ember out of the fire. He walked over to Katey and touched the blazing end of the ember to her stomach. Her scream was agonizing and I felt something change in me, I staggered to my feet, aimed my hands at Cody and, to my amazement, a ball of green fire shot out of my hands and sent Cody to the ground writhing in pain. He stayed down long enough to for me to untie Katey, get to the car, and drive off.
"What was THAT?!" She asked, once we were in the car and driving, inspecting her burn mark at the same time.
"I have no clue." I whispered, still shaking from my encounter with my inhuman boyfriend.
"You shot a...fireball from your hands, Ashley!" She squealed.
"I know, I know, I'm still sort of processing it." I told her. I watched her touch around her burn mark that MY boyfriend caused, I felt hot tears stream down my face and quickly wiped them away, hoping she wouldn't see them.
"What's the matter, Ashley?" She asked, touching my arm.
"I just...can't believe Cody did this. How could he hide this from me and do this to my best friend?"
"Hey, some people aren't who we think they are, some are just plain evil...like-" She trailed off.
"Like Cody, trust me, I get it. The love of my life is an evil vampire." We turned in the driveway and thank God, my mom was asleep already. No wonder, it was fifteen minutes until midnight. I went to the kitchen and pulled open the medicine cabinet, I found the aloe and applied some to Katey's stomach, then found some bandages for my neck. We went up to my room and collapsed onto my purple and green bed. Then, the tears spilled over again.


© 2013 Tori Fletcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013
Tags: different


Author

Tori Fletcher
Tori Fletcher

Louisa, KY



About
I love writing fiction, poems, and lyrics! I get my inspiration anywhere from music to nature itself. My favorite things are books and thunderstorms...of course my boyfriend is my life and I love him .. more..

Writing
Dream Dream

A Chapter by Tori Fletcher


Going Out Going Out

A Chapter by Tori Fletcher


He's Back He's Back

A Chapter by Tori Fletcher