Ch 1

Ch 1

A Chapter by Rae

One

            I woke up. Sunday...June 13, 2013...4:30 A.M. Father has been gone a long time, I haven't seen him since December of 2012. Soul said that he was just lost, looking for a way back home. But I am not so sure...Father could be dead...along with the other pathetic human beings.

             "Zone! Wake up!" Soul shook my shoulder in urgency.I opened my eyes to hers glowing red.

"What is it Soul?" I asked,rubbing my eyes.

"There has been a call, a human resource!" I ran my fingers through her metal-thread hair...it reminded me of steel wool...which it probably was."Don't get your hopes up kiddo...did you have Lex check it out?"

She nodded, I got up to put on a pair of basketball shorts and a dirty black t-shirt, then walked out the door.

       "Lex! What's the status?" I commanded, since I am the leader here. He shoved his shaggy blond hair out of his eyes and gave me the 'See it for yourself, you lazy-a*s'. I looked at the giant monitor that revealed a message from an unknown area.

"Father said that we should never-ever answer an unknown call." Soul reminded, rocking back and forth on her heels.

"Thank you, Robot Girl, for the reminder." Lex muttered.

"I'm actually curious to see who it is." I pushed Lex out of his chair and sat down.

"Zone! Don't!" He yelled, but I had already pushed the button. 

       I saw the monitor go black and excessive panting. "Hello!? Is there anybody there?" I yelled. A boy appeared on the screen, his face crusted with blood. His hair was the same style as Lex's but in a dark brown shade, it covered his eyes until he swept it away, revealing a black eye.

"If he wasn't so jacked up, I would say he's hella hot." I whispered to Soul.She giggled at me, and Lex scowled at the boy and gave him the "I'll kill you if you touch her" look.

"My name is Eli, and I need food and shelter. Can you provide any?" He gave us all a look of urgency. Lex shook his head no, Soul clapped cheerfully and nodded.

"2 against 1 once again Lexy-Poo." I sneered. "Of course you may stay with us, where is your current location?"

"Right outside your base." The boy smiled.

Soul and I ran outside and I found the dream-boat parked right in front of the door like he said he was.

"Hi, I'm Zone....and this is Soul." I greeted. He bent over and kissed my hand, which made me giggle. I guess Lex was right behind us because he went right up to Eli, grabbed him by the shirt, and slammed him against the wall.

"Listen pal, I don't want anything funny happening around my girlfriend..." He paused, looked at me, and dropped the guy. "I-I mean girl who's a friend." I rolled my eyes and grabbed Eli's hand (which also seemed to piss Lex off). I pulled him inside so Soul can steal him for a few hours and give him a tour. I needed to talk to Lex.

"Lex, what is with you?" I asked.

"I don't know Zo...I guess being 16 can change how you feel about someone. I know I treat you and Soul like crap, but I really love you guys." Which was the longest statement that EVER popped out of Lex's mouth.

"I love you and Soul too, very much. You guys are my family. Father too..." I drifted off into flashbacks of my past. I sat down on the couch and started to cry. Lex sat down and put his arm around me, then it evolved into a cradle-like hug. Then Eli walked in.

"What's wrong?" He had a worried look on his face.

"Nothing of your concern, now piss off." Lex growled, covering me more in a protective state.

"Lex, don't." I pleaded.

"Shhh...Zone..." He said in a calming voice, also telling me 'Back away, or you could get hurt' in his eyes.

"Dude, I'm just trying to be nice here!" Eli explained.

"I don't care what you are trying to do, I don't like you, so just shut up and go play with Soul." He growled.



© 2010 Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The personalities of your characters are great! I love the way they quickly exert their dominance and establish a pecking order. You have a great way with your dialog and the flow is smooth. Awesome first chapter!

Wolfie

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the names of ur characters, story is good.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2010
Last Updated on April 21, 2010

Zone

Ch 1

By Rae

Ch 2

By Rae

Ch 3

By Rae

Ch 4

By Rae

Ch 5

By Rae

Ch 6

By Rae


Author

Rae
Rae

CA



About
Hey, I'm Rae. I'm just a normal teenage girl....sort of. here are the fun facts! Colors: Blue and Silver Band: I am now a big fat Hot Chelle Rae girl. Hello, my name's in it! Musical Instrument.. more..

Writing
Sail Sail

A Poem by Rae


Never Again... Never Again...

A Book by Rae


Animation Animation

A Poem by Rae



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ch 4 Ch 4

A Chapter by Rae