Ch 2

Ch 2

A Chapter by Rae

Two

               

                 I wokeupcrying, cold sweat beading down my face. Itwas in the middle of the night. I was scared...something was wrong with me. Icould feel it in the air. I never was so scared in my life.Lex, Lex,LEX!Was all I yearned for, but I forced my self to call, "SOUL! Where areyou!?" Red eyes glowed in the pitch-black darkness of my room. It startled mefor a second, because I'm not used to Soul shutting down in MY room. She usually"Sleeps" in Lex's room.

                 

                "Zone? Are you okay?" She asked, blinking for asecond.

                "Y-yeah I'm fine...just...shut down." I said, tryingnot to sniffle.

                "Okay." Was the last thing I heard before the room wasdark again. I suddenly heard the quick pounding of bare feet on the hallwaytile, then someone knocking on my door. "W-who's there?" I asked. Still tryingto keep myself together.

                 

                "Its Eli...andLex."

                I crawled out of my bed to unlock and open the door,there I saw Eli and Lex with their flashlights. I instantly grabbed my blanketand covered myself up, because I didnt know that they were going to be able tosee me in my black undershirt and My Little Pony pajama shorts (super short,just to let ya know). I swept by sweaty red (its like the dyed red, not thenatural red. so its actually the RED red.) hair out of my face.Lex approacedme, him without a shirt and his black and white checkered pajama bottoms. Eliwas just wearing a white undershirt and his jeans. I backed away a little bitand wiped my face.

                 

                "Zone...you okay?" Lex asked, his brown eyes inconcern. I shook my head and started to cry again. Lex gave Eli a 'Back awayslowly and I wont tear you to shreds' look.

                "I-I don't know what's wrong with me Lex...I-I keepdreaming about.."

                He already knew what I was talking about, mypast.

                 

                I originally lived in a small town with an abusivemother and no dad.My namewas Hailey Ackerman. I ended up running away. When Iwas on the streets, Lex's dad (AKA Father) found me and took me in. I was therewhen Soul was made, and every birthdaythat Lex had. I was happy with where I amnow, until Father went a little too obsessive over projects and experiments. Hemutated both Lex and me. Lex has those Wolverine Claws, and I am a "Sighter". Asighter can look at people's pasts and memories by placing their palm onhis/her/its forhead. Sighting is very tiring and blah blah blah.

                 

                "Eli...go." Lexgrowled.

                "But I want tohe-"

                "GO!" He yelled, which made Eli run for hislife.

                "Lex! That was rude!" Iyelled.

                "Sorry..." He came closer to me, and opened his arms."Do you need a hug?"

                 

                I stood there, shocked. "I-I...okay..." He grabbed myblanket and wrapped it around the both of us, then wrapped his arms around mywaist. "Lex? What are you doing?" I asked, kinda weirded out by his actions.

                 

                "Soul, I know that you're here, go sleep in my room."He shooed the giggling robot girl. She ran down the hallway like Eli, exceptmaking a clank with every step.He pushed a strand of my hair away from my face,and moved his own face closer.This is what you want Zone, this is yourchance to show him how you feel. I thought to myself. ButI was afraid to,Lex was my best friend. And if I screwed everything up...it wouldnt be the same.

                 

                "L-Lex? What are you-" I was cut off by his lipstouching mine. Want, Passion, Love. Words were running through my mind as hepressed his soft lips against my own. I finally gave in and pushed back harder,throwing my arms around his sweaty neck. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain hit myside, I winced, and Lex noticed. He broke away instantly, and shrugged off theblanket.

                 

                "Z-Zone! I'm so sorry!" He pulled his dagger-like clawout of my side. It was covered in blood...MY blood. I felt my eyes roll to theback of my head as I hit the floor passing out. I wasn't the best person to bearound blood.

                 

                *****************

                My heart sank as she hit the floor. I probably killed her.Tears streamed down my face as I screamed her name. She layed there,unresponsive. Soul's repeating clanks came down the hall, followed by the soundof stupid-a*s Eli's bare feet.

                "Soul! I need the healing pills!" I screamed beforeanyone entered the room. A bottle flew at me and I shoved one down Zone'sthroat.

                *****************

                I woke up with all three of them staring at me. Their faces litup with happiness. I guess Soul made me take the pills.

                 

                "Lex." I whispered drowsily, which was a symptom of thepills. He grabbed my hand and put it to his face,which was wet with tears thatfelt cool to my skin. Then he shooed away Eli and Soul. After five minutes ofthis, he realized that I was still on the stone cold floor. I was lifted up andgingerly placed on my bed.

                 

                "It's not your fault." I whispered again.

                 

                "It is my fault Zone! I'm hurting you! I'm such amonster..." Hedropped my hand. I hate it when he beats himself up like that. Ishivered, considering that I'm pretty exposed. Lex noticed and covered me withtheblanket.

                 

                "Lex...I love you, you don't need to beat yourself uplike this. Do you want to sleep in here tonight?" Iasked.

                 

                "No. I dont. Good night Zone."



© 2010 Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Nice Sephone...(i do too! ^^)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Aww. Forget John (the guys in Paege's book) I want Lex! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2010
Last Updated on April 21, 2010

Zone

Ch 1

By Rae

Ch 2

By Rae

Ch 3

By Rae

Ch 4

By Rae

Ch 5

By Rae

Ch 6

By Rae


Author

Rae
Rae

CA



About
Hey, I'm Rae. I'm just a normal teenage girl....sort of. here are the fun facts! Colors: Blue and Silver Band: I am now a big fat Hot Chelle Rae girl. Hello, my name's in it! Musical Instrument.. more..

Writing
Sail Sail

A Poem by Rae


Never Again... Never Again...

A Book by Rae


Animation Animation

A Poem by Rae