I Wonder Sometimes

I Wonder Sometimes

A Poem by Dani California

 

 

 

I wonder sometimes

About moments online

Strangers showing love

Across the miles

His, hers, yours

And mine

 

I wonder sometimes

Faceless people I find

Conversations sublime

Words on a screen

Telling stories, secrets

Some that rhyme

 

I wonder sometimes

While we chat online

Passing hours in time

The joy of friendship

Smiles and laughter

In you I find

 

I wonder sometimes

Only knowing your mind

If it matters that I find

You’re really someone else

Though you’re still...

So kind

 

I wonder sometimes

Since we’re passing lonely time

If you’re really a friend of mine

Or just an imaginary companion

I’ve created in my mind

Online

 

I wonder sometimes

 

 

 

© 2008 Dani California


Author's Note

Dani California
This was inspired by my thought that although we don't always know the person we are communicating with on the other end of cyber space, if the connection is positive, and brings joy.... does it really matter? Should it matter?

Tell me what you think...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wonder too you have broached a subject we all must think about. I have friends on line i have and never will meet. Some friendships span years and some are new. Some we just click with straiht away andothers the rapport builds gradually.. I wonder if we could meet with net friends face to face would that friendship still stand

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There are a lot of us who do wonder what the other on the end of the computer is really like, do they tell the truth or is it all lies. I like to trust untill that trust is broken, but sometimes you just cant do that.

Lovely poem hun thanks for sharing.
Dawn x

I have met many people off the internet, and some are very good friends. others proved not to be.



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I haven't read all the reviews so I don't know if anyone has already said this. I think one of the reasons we feel such a powerful connection to our online acquaintances ("friends" if you prefer) is because deep down we still have a strong faith in the integrity of strangers. Why would someone we don't know lie to us or try to deceive us when he or she has absolutely nothing to lose or gain by it? When someone reads your work and praises it, does it not feel more honest than something a loved one or someone who has to look you in the eye might tell you? Being somewhat anonymous is possibly a strong incentive to be more open and honest than we might be in person.

I really liked this work. It speaks to many questions I have asked myself since I spend so much time on this site getting to know others through their works rather than conversations over tea. You capture this beautifully.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Naa. dani.. i have to dissagree.. people tend to put on fronts online..ive had too many people
make me think they were something they werent- lets see. men pretending to be woman-
woman pretending to be men-- heart thiefs who say whatever so they can get reviews-
or people just spiteful and think they need to give opinions for the sake of feedback...
i believe it matters definitely.. at least to know the basics..male-female-age even country of origin
and then i'd go from that point..brilliant writing.. you have a true gift for capturing rhyme


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
You are right, Dani. It is very hard to know for sure. It is easy to create an illusion here of who one would like to be, but may not necessarily be. However, it usually comes out who the person really is. Truth rises to the top. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I think this is a really good poem and the concept is wonderful. I don't think it matters if you have a connection with that person then f**k all the rest I guess.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

As you have had many reviews, you can tell that this is a subject that many people grasp. You are not the only one to wonder...

"I wonder sometimes

Faceless people I find

Conversations sublime

Words on a screen

Telling stories, secrets

Some that rhyme"

I really love that stanza. Anyhow... as I said this is a subject that many people gravitate to. Perhaps you can dig a little more at the roots of your wonders.... I can imagine that you could create a few more interesting pieces about this. Thank you for sharing.




Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this is a great write, Dani - thoughtprovoking and powerful in it's simplicity. And it asks a valid question :-)
Because anyone can write anything online without the benefit (or curse LOL) of body language or physical chemistry, the words we write must speak for themselves. A chance of presenting one's best foot forward in words, or alternately, showing off one's shadow side without fear of true reprisal. It's an interesting world these days...

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I agree with you... This poem 'I Wonder Sometimes' is an excellent poem. Very well written and it also brings to my minds eye, the screen names of people I have chated with, and gets me wondering ' who are they?'
But, then the thought, as you described so well, ' if the connection is positive, and brings joy.... does it really matter?' Well, to me it depends on the situation, but basically, no, it doesn't matter... Thanks for sharing your poetry... :)
Jane

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well i'd like to think the intentions lay behind what they say is true. Tho I do think our perceptions maybe be not so much what reality holds, but I dont think thats so important as long as the gist is right..

Nice thoughts:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is terrific not only in content but in style. That we can all relate and have our stories to share back is a testament to the truth of this piece, to what it asks and what it states. I really got into the repeating long "i" sounds that sounded throughout.
I like when someone puts into poem what has briefly occurred to me before, it's like a reassurance, somehow. And a reminder that we have so much in common, we who write on line...connections are mysterious things....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1667 Views
67 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on May 25, 2008
Last Updated on May 26, 2008

Author

Dani California
Dani California

CA



About
A Noiseless Patient Spiderby Walt Whitman A noiseless patient spider, I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated, Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding, It launch'd fort.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..