Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by DarkLalaz

I bolted to my bike and pedaled for my life. The wind thrashed my hair and burned my face, but I kept on pedaling. My legs were on fire.

             “Just five more minutes! Come on, Come on!”

             I rushed to lock my bicycle on the rack. I ran to the front door just as they were closing it. But I was one second too late. The snarky vice principal with her cheap knockoff stiletto heels and closed the glass door on me and made a bitter gesture and strutted away. While she was prancing, she turned her head around mouthed “Sorry” in a spoiled way. She was only 24 years old. She was a “wannabe secretary but was stuck as a vice assistant at a high school”. She wore her obviously fake blonde hair in a tight bun with gold hoop earrings. Everyone hated her, which made her even more vicious. Once she left, I found myself staring at an empty hallway and a reflection of myself. I was fairly pretty, despite the foam residue from the fire. My hair was auburn brown with amber highlights with my bangs swept to one side. I had copper tan skin and hazel-green eyes. I live with my mother in a small, white apartment. I go to East Riverside High, where it’s survival of the fittest. Those at the top of the food chain, cheerleaders and jocks, dominate the school while the math and science geeks were barely surviving. I was mid-way in the food chain. I was in the performing arts class for graphic and visual arts. I didn’t have many friends like the preppy fashionistas, but I had one very best friend. Her name is Leah Pinestone. She is a horse back rider who at times can be very hyper and annoying, but I know I can count on her when it matters. But unfortunately, she moved away and now, she goes to this weird foreign boarding school. I haven’t heard from her since. Completely unaware of the time that was passing, the second period bell abruptly rang and startled me. Suddenly, the empty, lonely hallway turned into a sea of students. I tried banging on the door and hollering, but no one stopped to open the door. Finally, after the hallway was cleared, I saw a boy coming out of the office. Once he saw me, he opened the door for me. He pointed at a sign. It read “Push the door. Do not pull.” I then realized it had never been locked.

             “Oh…..I get it now.” I muttered, embarrassed.

             “Yeah….” He said in a sarcastic tone.

             “Well thanks. I appreciate it. NO one else opened the door for me. I was just in a hurry so I must’ve forgotten.”

             “No problem. I’m Mako. Mako Hill.” He held out his russet hand.

             “Hi. I’m Sabrina Kingsford.” I took his hand and shook it, nervously.

             “You a freshman?”

             “Sophomore.”

             “Cool. I’ll see you around.”

             “Yeah. Bye.”

             “Later.”

             I watched him as he walked away. He had short, messy dirty blonde hair. He was quite muscular. And a little cute. I called out “Bye!” He raised his hand as a gesture to say “Bye”. Hmm. I wonder is he has a girlfriend.

 



© 2009 DarkLalaz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah, this took me back to the days of high school, good read!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 14, 2009
Last Updated on September 15, 2009


Author

DarkLalaz
DarkLalaz

Charleston, SC



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by DarkLalaz


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by DarkLalaz