Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by DarkLalaz


Chapter VI

             I ran into the little girl’s room, tears streaming down my cheeks and onto my neck. My throat was so dry, yet my nose was so moist. I couldn’t go to school looking like this. Everyone would make fun of me, including Mako and his friends. After about 10 more minutes of waterworks, I decided I was going home.

             I dashed outside, scouring the rack for my bike. Once, I got on, I already fell off my bike. Several attempts later, there were bruises and scars and scabs everywhere. But they didn’t matter. Nothing could hurt more than how I made a fool of myself in front of him. With all my might, I started pedaling, and to my amazement, I didn’t fall. After a while of grieving for myself, I started to realize I wasn’t just sad. I was angry. I was angry at Mako. Yes, Mako. He’s the one to blame for all my sadness. He is the enemy. I have to get back at him. Yes. Revenge…

             Hehe. Soon, I was at my house. I went inside to find foam everywhere. Oh yeah, I didn’t clean it up. I looked at my watch. 10:17? Oh, no. My mom’s home. I tried to stealthily sneak up the stairs so she wouldn’t hear me. My mom is a nurse at Saint Valentine’s hospital. She stays there overnight to tend for the patients and comes back in the morning. I’m going to get hosed for the mess I made. Stepping on something crunchy, I examined my foot.

             “EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!” I shrieked in horror as I stared at the carcass of a cockroach. “Why does this always happen to me?”

             Then, I realized that not only could my mom hear my voice, she could’ve heard it even if she was still at the hospital. And, as if right on cue, I heard her gentle, loving voice.

             “GET YOUR TAILGATE HERE THIS INSTANT BEFORE I CUT IT OFF, BOIL IT, THEN SERVE IT TO HOMELESS KIDS AND CHASE YOU WITH A SPOON!”

             “¿Pedro no hablas ingles?” I said in a deep, foreign voice.

             Although, I couldn’t see her, I was sure she was using her death look. She used to be in the army, and unfortunately, she wouldn’t ever let me forget. So reluctantly, I trudged to her room. She was staring at me, tapping her feet, standing in a disapproving way. Her expression was “I’m waiting.” I stood there, petrified, not sure what to do. Then I did something without thought, not meaning to do it. I suddenly broke out crying and my mom ran to comfort me.

             “My theoretical boyfriend rejected me!”

             “Oh sweetie. I’m sorry. We’ve all been there. I remember when I was your age, I met this very cute boy. Your grandmother told me to stay away from him, but you he was so enticing. Then, one day, I asked him out. He laughed at me and plainly said, for everyone to hear, “No.”. Then she started crying, too.

             “But he was really, really cute! Why do boys have to be so mean!”

             “Oh, I know, honey. They always do the same thing.”

             “I know! Don’t you hate when they-“

             “Yes! And they always-“

             “Exactly! Why do they do that?”

             “And the worst is when they……..”

             “I know! I hate it when they do that!”

             “Who doesn’t?”

             “I mean it’s like they don’t even-“

             “Yes! Finally someone who gets it!”

             And that had done it. My mother was no longer mad at me; she now felt sympathy for me. I had a new respect for my mom. I didn’t know she was such a girl! I didn’t know how much she could relate.

             “Mom.” I said sniffling. “I love you. Please don’t leave me.”

             “I would never even think about it, sweetie.” She stroked my hair back. “How about you and I have a slumber party, huh? We can do makeovers and order pizza and talk about boys.”

             “Oh, Mom! You’re the only one who understands me.”

             I called my friends and she called hers.  We got everything set up. Makeup, sleeping bags, and food (chocolates, ice creams, pizza, and soda, of course!). We bought supplies for spa treatment. We made guacamole and cut cucumbers. We lighted scented candles and planned activities. Now, all we could do is wait.



© 2009 DarkLalaz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on September 25, 2009


Author

DarkLalaz
DarkLalaz

Charleston, SC



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by DarkLalaz


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by DarkLalaz