Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by DarkLalaz

Chapter VIII

             “Hello Mako.” I said as I swung my hair like one of those biker models.

             He looked at my eyes and then my body.

             “Hello Sabrina. Do you want to come with me to the park?”

             “Sure.”

             We wrapped his hand around my body and escorted me to his car. It was a slim, jet black car. I got in the passenger door, and he rested his arm on my neck, one hand on the wheel. We were on the fork of the road to the park and the main street with McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy’s, Hardee’s, etc. He turned to the main street. I asked him where we were going. He didn’t answer. He turned into a big empty lot. He gestured me to follow him into the dark alley. Once we were all alone, he wrapped his arms on my shoulder.

             “I have a surprise for you.” He said.

             I giggled and rested my head on his chest. He reached into his pocket for breath spray. When he took it out, I saw that it wasn’t breath spray. It was a knife. A silver knife drenched in blood. I released my grip on him and leaped backward. I looked at him. He wasn’t Mako anymore. He was the guy from my nightmares. I’d recognize that dark cloak and that knife anywhere.

             What would grandma do? She would tell me, “In the face of death, fight back. You have a better chance of surviving, because you will surely die if you don’t do anything at all.” I tried to calm my rapid heart down. Okay. I’m ready to fight back. I got myself ready. Now! Then, I ran for my life out of the alley, but there was no end. I kept running and running, but I wasn’t going anywhere.  Then, I felt a sharp pain in my back. My vision was blurry. I saw a distant, but familiar face staring above me, but I couldn’t make of what it was. Then everything went black.

             I was gasping for air. I was sweating everywhere. The beauty that I was last night no disappeared. I no longer felt beautiful. I felt scared. Not just scared about the nightmare. I was scared of why in the dream, Mako was the guy with the silver knife.

             It was 6:23 A.M. At least I wasn’t late. I don’t know how yesterday could’ve gone so good, but today be so bad. I went downstairs and did my normal morning routine. I checked in my parents’ room. My dad was in his briefs, snoring very loudly. Mom, I wish you weren’t at the hospital. By the time I was finished, it was time for school. I trudged to my bike and started pedaling.  I went to the front door and pushed. I saw Mako waiting for me. He waved at me. I didn’t respond. I went to my locker and unloaded my books. Seeing my agenda, I remembered that I forgot to do my homework. Great. More trouble. I saw the same teacher who gave me ISS. He was looking at me. I darted my eyes to my books, and he knew what that meant. He pointed his eyes to the hallway. I knew he wanted me in the ISS room. Although the people in ISS were bad, no one ever went to ISS before school even started. I walked to the door to ISS. Sighing, I saw the door was ajar. I heard quiet voices. I looked inside. I saw the ISS teacher talking to someone. I couldn’t see who he was talking to. I saw that he was holding something in his hand. It looked silver with red patterns.

             “-Sabrina Kingsford.” I heard the teacher say.

             “She won’t be a threat.” The other person said.

             “But she has a gift no one else you’ve faced had.”

             “What would that be?”

             “She can see into the future.”

             I held in a gasp. I was sure they could hear me. The man went to the door. This was it. He knew someone was outside the door. I held my breath as he opened the door. I hid behind the door was it swung open. He had slammed it open so the door hit my nose. I wanted to scream “OWW!!!”, but I knew I couldn’t get my cover blown. I was running out of air, and I was sure he wasn’t close to being done scanning the hallway. After two more minutes, I felt like I was about to faint. I couldn’t hold it in any longer. I felt like I was about to explode. Then, I released a very long exhale. Luckily, I had done it just as he slammed the door shut, which drowned out my exhale. I put my ear to the door.

             “-her dreams.” I heard. Then, it all made sense. But, if I could see into the future, I would be dying like five times.

             “-first person?”

             “She sees and feels what my victims felt before they were killed.”

             “So she knows what’s going to happen to people before it happens?”

             “Precisely.”

             “So we must not let her know about her grandmother or her powers or she could be a danger.”

             “Yes.”

             “And what can we do to lure her into our trap.”

             “Mako Hill.”

             “And how do we know she hasn’t predicted that, yet”

             “She doesn’t realize she has the powers. I told her not to worry about it.”

             “So she is like her grandmother.”

             “Yes. I remember her grandmother very much.”

             “She had learned to control her powers. She predicted the death of me, before I knew she had that power. But even she can’t kill me. I am immortal because I am-”

             And then the bell rang. Oh, no. I had to leave. I couldn’t risk letting him see me. I sprinted down to my locker.



© 2009 DarkLalaz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on September 25, 2009


Author

DarkLalaz
DarkLalaz

Charleston, SC



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by DarkLalaz


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by DarkLalaz