Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by DarkLalaz

And right as I opened the door, a swarm of paper airplanes struck me in the face. I was speechless. I knew it was wild and rowdy, but I didn’t know it was this bad. This wasn’t even ISS. This was a like a prison party. I noticed a prostitute and a failing skater boy making out. Half the varsity team were throwing footballs around. I noticed graffiti, broken desks, chairs, scattered papers, broken lamps, and a white board filled with offensive remarks. Isn’t anyone monitoring them? Then I saw someone, tied up, mouth duct taped, huddled in the corner.

             “Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mo-“he said muffled

             “Um…Hello?” I asked timidly as I untied him and took the tape off his mouth.

             “Here just take it! Take all of it and leave me be!” He cried, brandishing his wallet in the air.

             “No, no. Don’t worry. I’m not a bad kid.”

             “You’re….you’re…not?”

             “No. I’m scared, too. You’re not alone.” I held out my hand. He looked at it cautiously. Slowly, he reached out his hand. “Don’t worry. I don’t bite,” I tried to joke. He tried to laugh as he clasped my hands.

             “Oh Joy! I don’t know what I would’ve done without you.”

             “Same for me. Everyone here is so intimidating and bad.”

             “No they’re not bad. They’re just misunderstood.” Just then a delinquent threw a bowling ball out the window.

             “So what do you do here? I mean how can you survive?” as a dart was a centimeter from hitting me.

             “BULLSEYE!” e group of students called out.

             “Well. I usually just stay in a corner, praying to God. Nothing I do can get through to these kids.”

He said as two mischievous boys started wrestling each other.

             “You realize this isn’t even ISS. This is like a hangout for criminals. It’s just an excuse to get out of work and break the rules.” I said as someone threw a Frisbee.

             “I suppose. But no one in the head of the school cares about that sort of thing. All they care about is money. They use our school budget to invest in using money to make more money. They don’t use any of it to improve important things like this.” As a posse of students carried the teacher’s desk and threw it out the window.

             “Really? That’s intriguing. What about other teachers?”

             “They’re too afraid to deal with them. The school forced me to look after them paying me minimum wage. And my contract says I have to work here the whole year.”

             “That is just sick. What kind of school this is?”

             “The most popular school in the county. Everyone goes here. This school has over 300 teachers and 2000 students. Everyone thinks this is the best school. It’s been nominated “The Best School” for 53 years in a row. But what people don’t know is the little things that make a big difference in the school.”

             “Wow. You’ve really opened my eyes. I’m going to do whatever I can.”

             “Good luck. Say, you don’t seem like the type of student to get sent here. What did you do?”

             “Woke up late because of my nightmare.”

             “Interesting. Have you been having a lot of nightmares lately?”

             “Now that I think about it. Yeah!” I said, but was drowned out by talking of the students.

             “Lets go to the teacher’s conference room.” He said as he led me through the door.

             “So, describe to me the dreams you’ve been having.” He said as we sat down.

             “Well. A lot of them are about me. Like I feel like someone’s out to get me. Like last night. I had a dream about someone killing me.”

             “Who?”

             “That’s just it. I don’t know. But it’s the same in every dream. It is a person in a mask and a dark cloak. I remember him having a silver knife drenched in bl-“

             “I don’t think you should worry about it. Just forget about it. Now how about I write you a note?” He got out a pen and a sticky note and started jotting something down. “Here you go!”

             “Thanks, but I don’t feel comforta-“

             “No need to worry! Just go to your classes.”

             “Oka-“

             “Bye!”

             I gathered my stuff and walked out. Just as I was leaving, I heard a noise in the closet and thought I saw a pair of anxious eyes staring at me. Don’t think about it. Don’t think about it. Don’t think about it. And soon, I was at my locker



© 2009 DarkLalaz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


review, rate, favorite, share it with people =D

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 15, 2009


Author

DarkLalaz
DarkLalaz

Charleston, SC



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by DarkLalaz


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by DarkLalaz