Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by DarkLalaz

Chapter VII

             I didn’t know many people so I called all the girls in my homeroom. I don’t really know who my mom called. She was 43(But she always says she’s in her thirties). One by one, the guests came.

             “Hi, Sarah! Welcome Emily! Hello Jessica!”

             “Hello. Hi. Hey. Thanks for inviting me. Thanks for the invitation.” They all said.

             Then, my mom’s friends came. There was a retired hair stylist and an ex cosmetic expert (They were her friends from high school that she still is good friends with now).

             “Okay girls, let’s start doing makeovers!” My mom said eagerly. She then cranked some pop music on HIGH.

             My mom, the cosmetic expert, the hair stylist, went to the group of girls. My mom did Sarah. The hair stylist did Emily. The cosmetic expert did Jessica. The door rang. I got up and opened it.

             “Oh hey Lily!”

             “Hello. Thank you for inviting me.” He said timidly.

             “Guys, Lily is here.”

             A group of various greetings aroused from the group.” I’ll do Lily!” I volunteered.

             I got out a brush and started sweeping her hair.              “Your hair is really thick. But no offense, it looks like a crow’s nest.”

             “Thanks.” She said sarcastically.

             “That’s what makeovers are for. Everyone has their faults. I have a wart on my leg.”

             “Yeah, I have a lot of acne.” Emily said.

             “My legs suck.” Sarah said.

             “My nose is too big.” Jessica continued.

             “My waist is too big.” My mom volunteered, everyone including her laughing.

             “My nails stink. I bite them all the time.” Heidi (the cosmetic expert) said, woefully.

             “I have white hair…” Bella (the hair stylist) whispered. Then a swarm of gasps filled the air.

             “Oh, I’m so sorry. I feel so bad for you.” I said, very sad for her.

             Then, someone knocked on the door. My mom got up and answered the door.

             “Sorry, hon. No boys allowed.”

             My dad laughed. “I’m serious” Mom said.

             My dad walked in.

             “So what are you girls talking about?” he asked.

“Oh nothing. Just shoes, clothes, and feelings. Lots of personal thoughts. That you will have to listen to.”

             My dad started sweating.

             “Oh look at the time. Gotta go.” My dad said as he fled the house and called his poker buddies.

             “Ok, let’s talk about boys.” Sarah said.

             “Ugh! I can’t stand them. It’s like they aren’t even human!” Lily exclaimed.

             “I don’t know what you’re talking about. Me and my boyfriend’s relationship is going great.” Jessica said.

             “I hate them! They are so mean.” I told them about the story of Mako and me.

             “Men are so clueless. It was so obvious that you liked him if you asked to sit with him.” Heidi said.

             “My husband and I were at the movies watching Flowers and Chocolate. We were halfway into the movie when I was crying because it was so deep. I said,” Isn’t this romantic, dear?” There was no answer. “Dear?” Then I looked to the left of me. The seat was empty. He had left before the movie even started.” Bella said.

             “All men leave at any sign of emotion.” Mom said.

             Lily started crying.

             “Today at lunch, I asked Matt out. He said, ‘No thank you. I already donate to a charity.” Then Alice came up to me and said, snickering, “He is so out of your league. Then again, everyone is out of your league.” Lily said.

             “Oh my god. I hate her so much. She thinks she’s so cool because she’s the head cheerleader, yet she can’t keep a boyfriend for more than a week.” Jessica said.

             “Ugh. People are so mean. Come on, Lily. We’re going to make you look beautiful. Then tomorrow, make him jealous by getting guys to ask you out.” I said, encouragingly.

             After many engaging hours later about shoes, men, clothes, and more shoes, I remembered about my revenge on Mako.

             We were all on reclining lounge chairs with facial masks on, our toe and finger nails freshly painted and massaged.

             “Hey. What do you think I should do about Mako?”

             “Make him jealous by getting a new guy.” Emily suggested.

             “But I really like him. I don’t want to see him hurt.”

             “So what? He hurt you.” Jessica said.

             “But he might be mad at me after and then he won’t like me.”

             “Trust us. Men always want what they can’t have. He’ll chase you. There are four things that are certain that guys think about. Food, cars, women, and what they can’t have.” Emily said.

             “Tomorrow’s going to be a great day.” I said.    



© 2009 DarkLalaz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on September 25, 2009


Author

DarkLalaz
DarkLalaz

Charleston, SC



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by DarkLalaz


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by DarkLalaz