Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by DarkLalaz

Chapter IX

             I didn’t know what to make of this information. How would I confront the ISS teacher, who I thought was my friend? I can’t believe I fell into his trap. What’s more, whoever I saw in my dreams, the cloaked guy with the knife, was five feet from me. I had been that close to the person that had killed me in all my dreams. I couldn’t even think about Mako anymore. Now, I know it isn’t him. It is someone else. Someone who knew my grandmother, and evidently, someone who was once very close to her. I saw the usually people go to the ISS room. I had to act like I hadn’t been eavesdropping. Nonchalantly, I walked to the ISS room.

             “Ahh. Sabrina. Good to see you, again.” He said, as if nothing had happened.

             “Hello.” I said nervously. “I’m sorry. I can’t talk. I have tons of homework.”

             “Oh, that’s okay. I can help you with it.

             “No, I’m really supposed to do this by myself. It’s kinda my New Year’s resolution.”

             “New Year’s isn’t until 10 months.”

             “Then it’s my Old Year’s resolution. Please I don’t have time to talk.” It came out harsher than I had intended. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like that. I just have a lot on my mind.”

             “Well, maybe I can help you. Tell me more about what’s on your mind.”

             “Well…for one thing, the nightmare I- Wait! No, no, no, no, no. I have to go do my work now.”

             “Tell me about your dream!”

             “No!”

             “Yes!”

             “You’ll never take me alive!” I tried to run but I tripped over a chair.

             “I can help you if you just tell me.”

             Wow, he was a really convincing liar. Then, I came up with a very devious plan. Lying, eh? Two can play at that game.

             “Fine, if you insist. You know the knife guy?”

             “Yes?”

             “I kill him in my dreams, now. Yeah, I’m kinda over that. I haven’t been having anymore nightmares. No more knife guy.”

             He started sweating. He gulped. I knew what he was thinking. If I dreamt it, t happened. Since he doesn’t know I’m lying, I might as well have fun with it.

             “Oh yeah, and I kill his henchman, too. I couldn’t see his face, but he seemed SOOOO unmanly, don’t you think?”

             I had hit the jackpot. Men are always sensitive about their manliness. Now he had to choose between that or risking blowing his cover.

             “I’m sure he was plenty manly. Even a little macho.”

             “Nope, he was just a gutless, little chicken.” He eyed my mouth as I slowly said the last three words. “Well, it’s time to do my homework. Thanks, I feel so much better, now.”

             I took my books, satisfied, and left him with his mouth wide open.



© 2009 DarkLalaz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on September 25, 2009


Author

DarkLalaz
DarkLalaz

Charleston, SC



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by DarkLalaz


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by DarkLalaz