Out of the Gates of Death

Out of the Gates of Death

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter Seven: Out of the Gates of Death

            The beast corners the girls and is licking his lips for the meal. It opens its jaw and goes in for the attack.

            I run up and fire my gun. It goes through the back of beast and hits the furry brown beast’s heart. The beast falls forward and Rachel moves out of the way. The Beast crashes on Bree but goes through her ghostly body.

            A howl is heard in the distance and footsteps running.

“It’s time to get out of here.” I yell out.

I run as the two follow. I use the full moon as my only guide to get to the car.

The light illuminated the beauty of a car. I stop for a moment as I hear a crash in the tree above.

I look. I can’t see what it is.

I ignore it and move towards the car. Suddenly a loud noise is heard and the car erupts in a fiery explosion. Chunks of metal, rubber and glass fly in the air.

I stop there. Rachel crashes into me. We fall to the floor.

I spring back up and pull her back up with me.

“We need to get out of this place.” I yell out to her.

She nods.

I grab her hand and pull her with me to the gate. Bree catches up to us and I grab her hand with my free one. I pull both of them with my all might as I desperately want to get out of this place.

We near the gate and a force crashes in front of us. I lose my grip on both of them.

Rachel dives and gets out of the gate of the graveyard. The force knocks Bree back father away from the exit. I stand there in the middle of the two.

“Leave her. She’s just a ghost. She will be okay.” Rachel yells out.

It may be true that ghost can’t really die, or at least I don’t think so. But I told Bree I would protect her, so I will.

I run over and Bree off the ground. She is a bit shocked I came back for her. I’m a little shocked myself.

I get us two out of the graveyard. We all stand there, just happy to be out. A voice is heard behind us.

“Michael…”

It’s a man’s voice. One I never like to hear.

I turn around. I stare at him. He is in the dark so you really can’t see any features of him. I hoarsely say, “Leave us alone.”

His voice rings out again, “Is that all you have to say to me?”

I sing out.

 

F**k you

F**k You

That’s what I need to say

Screw you

Screw you

That’s what I need to say

You left me to my own will

Which lead to my demise

Demise so strong

So dark and beautiful

That angels would cry

That’s what I need to say

So listen

So accept it

And never come back

Father dearest

 

I walk off. Leaving the girl stunned by my last words. I may have told Rachel that I had a terrible father but I don’t think she would have imagined him to be like that.

            He was always like that. I mean the few times I saw him. I knew he was evil but not till my demise did I know how evil. But that was my family. Things were complicated. I mean mother was, never mind, doesn’t matter. The other thing that matters is, let’s say he isn’t too happy from our last meeting.

            We all walk silently down the street. They think aimlessly but I do have a direction I’m heading.

            I guess I should break the silence; they are in shock because of my fault so I guess it’s my job to fix it.

“So I have a place for us to stay. It is safe but there are ground rules. No asking the person questions, no using your powers on the person, we are just there to hide and keep our heads low so we can know what is going on.” They are staring at me, awkwardly. “Oh and most importantly, no telling her what happened tonight.”

Rachel looks at me, “Oh so it’s a her. Is she your girlfriend?” the tone is a bit jealous.

“She is my sister, Terra.”

Bree looks at me, “Oh cool. Does she know about the type of dark things there are out there? My dark defender of the light.”

Rachel looks at her weird; she doesn’t understand our growing inside joke.

“She does, my little ghost girl of that spooky grave site.” I answer.

Rachael thinks we are weird but ignores it, “So are we going to brace that awkward talk of what the hell happened back there?”

I stop and turn around to look at her, “well, it’s a bit weird to explain. So I’m going to say no.”

Rachael laughs, “alright.”

Bree looks at both of us, “Really? You are letting him off easy.”

Rachael smiles at Bree, “Don’t worry, he will tell us soon then later.”

I speak up, “probably, but no more talk about this. We are here.” I point at the house.

It’s a normal small house. The house has two bedrooms and one bath. It’s pretty with the white gate in front of it that matched the white exterior of the place. I gave her the money for it because I don’t know if I’ll ever have a future.

            We walk up to the door. I knock on the door. After a few moments, someone opens it.

“What the f**k Michael! Are you okay?” Terra screams at me.

I look down, I forgot my shirt was cut open and dried blood plus dirt was all over me, “Yes sis, I’m fine.”

“Okay good. And why do you never call ahead of time? I could have had a guy over.”

I look at her and laugh, “well that would require you to have charm and get a guy.”

The girls behind me think I’m being harsh, but Terra steps forward and hugs me.

“Get inside and introduce your crew.” She smiles and leads us in.

I point at Bree, “this is Bree, and she is a ghost.”  Bree smiles and cheerful waves at her.

I point at Rachel, “this is Rachel, and she is a succubus.” Rachel nods at her as a way of saying hello.

Terra smiles and looks them over, “totally my brother’s types.” She laughs, “Well you all must be in trouble to be here.”

I smile, trying to get my charm ready, “Can’t a brother, his partner in evil and a ghost he found today, visit the brother’s sister late night and maybe get a cold drink. Oh and a place to stay for the night.”

Terra smiles, “You aren’t going to tell me? Aren’t you?”

I stick out my tongue, “Never will.”

“And I bet your threaten them not to tell me?” She eyes the two.

“With all my might.” I grin.

“Okay, I only have one thing to say then,” She pauses then, “who wants an orange crème soda? Its Michael’s favorite.”

Rachel smiles, “I’ll take one.”

Bree speaks, “I would but with my status, it would be like peeing in the wind.”

Terra laughs and comes back with three sodas. She hands one to Rachael and I. She opens her own and drinks some.

“Are all three of you sleeping in the guest room? Or what?” She smiles, being nosey as she normally is.

“I’ll take the couch, and the two will be in the room. Though I don’t think Bree sleeps.”

Bree looks at me, “Nope. I can close my eyes and zone out for a bit.”

“Oh that’s how Michael survived school.” Terra says as she playfully elbows my side. “Okay, I’m going to bed, but I think I have some clothes that will fit you, Rachael. And Michael you know where your s**t is.”

Rachael, Bree and Terra go in the back of the house. I quickly change into a soft cotton black shirt with a pair of blue jeans. I sleep in jeans all the time.

I lay there on the uncomfortable brown couch. I close my eyes. The reality of my situation crashes into my mind. I think people are out there to end me for good. And all I want to do is play house with the people in this place. But that is only a stupid dream. Oh well.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A lot of actions and decision made in this chapter. I like the scene of deciding life or death? A very interesting ending to the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


AHHHH!!!! You blew up the car. That breaks my heart.
Great chapter, what else is there to say?

Check out this little spot.
‘I run over and (lift) Bree off the ground.’

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2012
Last Updated on April 17, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..