Things Get Complicated

Things Get Complicated

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter Five: Things Get Complicated

            We walk up as Rachel goes to flirt with the bouncer at the door. He is werewolf by the way of his marking look. Her charms will work on him easily. They don’t work on but I already was crushing on her. But oh well, no time for romance when there is work to do.

The club band plays out.

 

Everybody is in the club tonight…

Enjoy the feast of all the human demise…

Bite and chew

Bite and chew

Let the bones crack by your teeth

Let the blood ooze in and out

Let the flesh just melt in your mouth

The food is tasty

The life is good

When you are the darkest in the nights

 

            The club lights darken for a rave type of song then different colored lights go off. There the sprinkles go off and pour what smells like blood on the people on the dance floor. The beat drops and the dancers go wild. Your typical dance scene minus the blood.

            I zip up my leather coat and go on the prowl. The boogeyman is well known but I haven’t seen him. I push through the huddled masses. I spot him.

            There he is. A well dressed in an all purple suit. He is a black male, middle age. Seems like an easy target for me.

            I reach for my gun and grip it tightly. I approach him and I start to feel ready to make the kill.

“Hey Michael!”

I almost jump a foot and almost dropping my gun. I turn around as I slide my gun back into my coat.

“Hey Bree, this is very bad time.” I look at her and notice the tears in her eyes, “What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing. I just saw my older sister. She was cutting herself and crying. I just couldn’t help her and I didn’t know where else to go.”

I motion to her, “come here.”  She walks over, I hug her. I do still have some human emotions left.

I release her because I see the Boogeyman about to leave. I look at Bree, “I have to do something really quickly.”

She looks at me confused, “Oh okay. I’ll be here, my dark lord of the night.”

I narrow my eyes at her, “what’s with the nickname?”

“I don’t know. Just felt like calling you that. Sorry.”

“It’s fine.” I look at her, knowing I need to cheer her up a bit, “thanks, my ghostly ghoul of the light.”

I walk off knowing there is probably a small smile on her face.

The Boogeyman near a clearing.

I yell out.

“Who is afraid of the Boogeyman?” It’s my style to play with my prey a bit first. Works have causal Fridays, I have trash talking things that kill the innocent.

The Boogeyman walks up to me. He starts to sing out and I stand there ready to make a fool of him in his own song.

 

I’m the big bad abusing, boogey man

Children fear me!                      They also fear the dark

They run from me!                     I would too if I saw your looks

I dream about them!                           You sound like a quite a pedophile

I kill them and eat them

As they choke

Destory their innocence

Inside of them

Wait no witty, stupid, response.

You should fear what destroy your hope,

You little reaper of the night.

You have nothing on me.

You should fear me!

 

I cut in and sing my own tune.

 

Fear you?

Why should I fear you?

Fear the rotting feelings you give off?

Or fear the rotting smell of innocent flesh in your mouth?

Why should I fear you?

I’m the bringer of demise.

I’m the destructive that you should fear!

Look into my soulless eyes

Smile at my fading human traits

YOU SHOULD FEAR ME!

MY DARK TRUMPIES ALL OF YOU!

FEAR ME!

FEAR ME!

 

I fire my gun and the bullet strikes the Boogeyman in the hit. He violently drops to the floor.

I smile at my pile of messy fear creating creature.

The club roars back at me. They aren’t very happy I killed one of the most important creatures to their fearing causes.

Bree looks at me, almost disgusting. She got to see what’s deep down inside of me. This is why I’ll never find love again.

Rachel runs over and pulls out two pistols.

She looks at me and winks, “time to go.”

We start towards the door. Bree follows us.

We all get outside and I stand there. Bree is staring at me but won’t speak. Rachel runs off to get the car.

After a few moments it pulls up. Rachel motions for me to get in.

I walk towards it and throw open the back door. I turn back to Bree, “you are welcomed to come with us.”

Bree hesitates but runs and slides into the car.

The club door swings open and two men come out. They fire their guns, hitting the car. A single screams towards me and connect with my stomach. The force of it slams me against the car. I stumble but fall inside the car.

Rachel speeds off.

She looks back, “are you okay?”

I look up, still holding my wound, “Yes, can you get me to the gravedigger?”

“Sure.” She tries to put on a comforting smile. She looks over at Bree. “Who is this?”

Bree answers for herself, “I’m Bree.”

Rachel sizes her up, “I’m Rachel. How do you know Reaper?”

I point to the windshield, “is someone going to watch the road?” I laugh a little but I can feel the blood almost escape my mouth.

“I got it.” Rachel turns and looks, “So Bree how do you know Reaper?”

Bree looks at me, “whose Reaper?”

I answer, “Me.” I cough a little then I address Rachel, “I met her in the graveyard we are headed to. I pulled her out of there.”

Rachel looks back, “You know that’s a no no, Reaps. If she finds out, she will be pissed.”

“I don’t care.”

“Well I do.” Rachel stares into my eyes.

I think, Does she actually care? And in that way?

Bree looks at me, “I really don’t want to go back to that awful place.”

I look at her and try to smile, “it’s fine, I’ll protect you.”

 



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good chapter. A lot of action. I like the situation with the Boggyman. A very nice ending. A visit to the graveyard. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Things are moving fairly fast. Love the action. You rock my world with hie song. Awesome write..

Posted 12 Years Ago


I smile to your imagination. Don’t stop.
‘They don’t work on (who?) but I already was crushing on her.’


Posted 12 Years Ago


Haha this is great but I agree it's hard to take things seriously when people start singing XD
Great chapter btw

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have started really enjoying your work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The singing makes this a bit harder to take seriously XD It was a funny, action filled chapter with an awesome kill, next time someone gets killed, youshould totally have them sniped out in front of a crowd. XDD Cool story though.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1566 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2012
Last Updated on April 15, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..