Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Cold Sweat

Cold Sweat

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter Eight: Cold Sweat

            I wake up in a cold sweat. Panic hits me. A fear almost is on my mind. Every night with this stupid dream I have. Well more like a memory of that night of my death.

            Her and I. Just out for a simple date. The tire exploding on the car. Me going outside to fix it. Then the man with a brown rag sack over his face. Only his glowing eyes could be seen in two eye hole openings in the bag. And the end of the dream is all that blood on me. Her blood.

            I lay there on the couch, debating on sleeping again. I look up and Bree is sitting at the table, crying.

I walk over, “what’s wrong? My howling ghost in the night.”

“Nothing, just thinking about my death, my dark friend of the supernatural. Did I wake you?”

“No, you didn’t.” I sit down facing her. “How did you die? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“I don’t mind but I don’t know. That’s the weird part. I was just there happy, then nothing.”

“That’s weird but I really don’t know much about ghosts. But maybe it’s like you have to learn how it happened to remember.”

“If only I could.” She stares blankly at the table.

“Well maybe after I figure out the stuff from tonight, I can help you find out.”

Bree looks up, “You would?”

“Yes.” I force a smile.

“Thank you. My dark master of hope.” She gets up and hugs me.

“No problem, my ghost of unrest.” I kind of like our back and forth. I think of something that may comfort her. “Do you want to know how I dead? I know it’s a morbid thought to think about but I didn’t know if you wanted to know.”

“Sure.” She smiles.

“Well I was killed in a cornfield by a scarecrow.”

“A scarecrow. I have seen a lot of those on a farm. But I didn’t know they were killers.” She laughs.

I laugh back, “Well this one was. Not sure if he was a man, or a creature. I just know he killed me.”

“Then what happened.”

“Well either the moment before I died or I could have been dead, a woman came to me and offered me a way to survive. And my life now is what the product of that night.”

She looks at me, almost in a weird way, “Have you ever thought about killing that scarecrow?”

I look at her, “I have thought about it, but I never made it a priority. Mainly because I don’t know where that cornfield is.”

“Well ill help you find it.” She smiles, “we will help each other.”

I smile back, “alright.”

“Can you tell me what this world is all about? The dark world I mean.”

“Well I need to go back to sleep but I’ll leave you with what I can sum it up as.”

I sing out.

 

Red

Red

Red

All the land is Red

Red with blood

Lost in reality

We all end up Red

Burn

Burn

Burn

It all to the ground

Burnt and scarred

Lost in reality

We all end up dead

Fight… Fight…Fight till the end…

Fight… Fight…Fight till the end…

We all need escaping

We all need to fear something

We all need to feel again

Because we all end up dead

Fall

Fall

Fall

Down again

Fall down an endless hole

Escape from it all

Drink

Drink

Drink

Till you feel all warm

Intoxicated and I don’t know why

Escape from those sinking feeling

Run

Run

Run

As fast as you can

Run away

Escaping from reality

Because we all need to live

Escape your thoughts

Escape your dreams

Escape your fears

So we all can end up dead…

 

I get up and walk to the couch. I crash down on it to sleep. I need to sleep badly.

           



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good chapter. I like the flow of thoughts and the struggle to grasp place and surrounding. A excellent chapter. Thank you for sharing this story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Touching exchange of what you would think is a ying-yang situation but they are more alike than they realize. You, the writer, let’s us see that.
Please let me know when you have more on this story.

‘“Do you want to know how I dead?’ I think you want died instead.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2012
Last Updated on April 17, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..