The Sad Olympian Judges

The Sad Olympian Judges

A Chapter by Some Random Person.
"

In Authors' Note

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of The Sad Olympian Judges.



We kept talking about random stuff, whatever thought popped into our random heads when Mrs. Blobber (weird name, isn't it?) Started talking to quiet down the loud cafeteria and dismiss us to our homes, or in my case, the Olympiad. On the Olympiad days, which is one day, once a year, we had Early Dismissal. 
When we were dismissed, The Olympian Competers,  such as myself and Ayesha, started to go to the Stage. We were having fun, talking amongst ourselves while school after school came and started talking amongst themselves. We started to gossip about this really popular person in our school when Principal Amador screeched the feedback on the microphone, causing everyone cover their ears. 
Principal Amador finally announced that we, the HSANW students competing needed to get dressed into our performances' costumes. Then he said that the other campuses needed to quiet down and applause for the judges. 
When we saw the judges, I almost laughed. I really had to try very hard to bite my tongue and not laugh because one of the judges, an older man, had a warped face, like the Harry Potter movies' Voldemort. 
He was wearing a suit, like a regular businessman, but had on strange shoes. His outfit definitely didn't match. His shoes were red and yellow. Maybe he liked those colors or he was colorblind. I doubt both, because then how could he tell that they were different colors? He looked like he was from Pakistan, but when he introduced himself, he said he was Turkish. Did I mention that he was short, and had a tint of blue in his skin? Yeah, me and Ayesha caught that. We then started calling him the Turkish Smurf 2, because we already had a tiny Turkish Smurf in the school already. Our Surfie wasn't blue, like this Judge-Smurf was though. He was just short and Turkish.
Then the judge next to him looked like a unibrowed, ugly, really fat person. Not to judge judges, but that was really what he was. An ugly, unibrowed, fat Judge. He had on glasses that looked like those popular bottlecap glasses from the 1950s. He had crooked teeth that were yellow, along with really, really pail skin. If I didn't know him any better, I would've said he was the average ugly Houstonian, but he also said he was from Turkey. 
The third judge was better than the others. Or was he? He had on a green over-shirt, black jeans and, (again with the shoes!) bright neon lime green and neon hot pink shoes. Someone needs some fashion advise, because these judges obviously don't get it. Apparently, he was also Turkish, because he said his "hello" in Turkish. Apparently he also didn't know the language we use here, English. Or he didn't know that he was supposed to introduce himself in English... 
So there you have it, the judges. I look forward to be dancing a Turkish Folk Dance with these insanely hilarious unfashionable, (smurfie) judges. 


© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
I think that I'm going to put another chapter on the perfomances. Do you agree? How do you like it so far? Did you laugh with my description of the Judges? What do you predict will happen next? Did I have any grammar or spelling mistakes, because I hate them, even though I do it myself. What do you think is going to happen next?



Reviews

WEEEEEEEEEEE (randomness rocks!)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

pail-pale

I love the judges! I love how their shoes don't match. My math teacher a couple years ago ended up wearing two different shoes because she couldn't see her feet (She was pregnant at the time). Great chapter and keep up the good work:)



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"Started (the 's' should be lowercased because it is not a new sentence) talking to quiet down the loud cafeteria" "once a year, we had Early Dismissal (common noun, it needs lowercase letters)." "The Olympian Competers (competitors), such as myself and Alex," " Our Surfie (smurfie?) wasn't blue, like this Judge (Judge is a common noun)"

Again, I recommend you use Word so you have spell check that you can look over spelling and grammatical errors. Also, I didn't really like the beginning of this. The whole "saying random things that popped in our random heads" isn't good at all. What kind of random things? Add some dialogue or at least a longer inner monologue. More thoughts and details need to be added. The only details in the story were about how the judges looked, though I understand they're the main focus, but there are so many things that could be covered. Where is the Olympiad? What do the uniforms look like? What were you saying about the most popular girl in school? You have so many ways to develop a subplot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I loved describing the unfashionable judges. Tell me what you think about them!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good chapter. I like the confusion of his country. The description was very good. A interesting chapter. A very strong ending to the chapter.
Coyote

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 5, 2011


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lock Me Up Lock Me Up

A Poem by London


The Prophecy The Prophecy

A Chapter by Vanessa Rico