The Goddess's Right...

The Goddess's Right...

A Chapter by Lucas Grasha

“Our goddess have birth to your god.”

I heard that phrase in a song and I thought that it was worthy of my time to properly ponder it. The goddess represents the Earth, the sacred dirt that we stand upon. But there is a far deeper meaning to the idea; something that is much more entrenched in historical weight. Goddesses have been a large part of religions for the majority of human history; worshipped alongside gods. It was only until recent human history that the female divinity had been silenced to make room for a male god. The patriarch has tried to suppress the idea of female divinity, but they have failed. I, through the pen in my hand, have succeeded in finding the sight of the mother. How this has come about is by writing from the perspective of her human incarnate. What I must say is that the perspective of a woman is of such strong feelings and emotions…it is a feeling that I truly adore.

          And one thing that I must say is this: if humanity is to continue as a patriarch, then we will only know of war and pain. The true human spirit will die and whither in the smoke of bullets. But if we rise as a matriarch, our minds will flourish. Science, law, the arts, literature, all of the constructive human habits will be our amazing achievements. Our souls would soar like birds in the sky. But this hope, I know, will not happen in my lifetime. Humans are too heavily entertained by wars based on pride.

          We are our own destruction.

 

Daniel Helle, Third of June, Two Thousand and Eleven.



© 2011 Lucas Grasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"in a song(,) and I thought"

Humans are a very proud race. But we cannot exist without war. It is impossible for human nature to let things slide. Someone always has to have the upper hand, and one way to gain control (as seen in the animal kingdom) is through violence and intimidation. There is no Utopia, no beauty without pain, no peace without war.

But your final line was very beautiful. I have often thought that as well. A wonderful, thought provoking read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The scary part. Your words are true in this chapter. The human race is heading toward death and destruction without a real fight to stop it. Thank you for a outstanding chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AMAZING write!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

455 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011
Tags: life, mother, earth, understanding, humanity


Author

Lucas Grasha
Lucas Grasha

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I've chosen in life to use the pen in place of the sword; or rather, the giving in place of giving up. I believe that I do possess a talent, but that opinion is only mine; if you would please (if you .. more..

Writing
Nucleus Nucleus

A Poem by Lucas Grasha


Superb Superb

A Poem by Lucas Grasha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Set Me Free Set Me Free

A Poem by London


Lock Me Up Lock Me Up

A Poem by London