To Cry In Wait...

To Cry In Wait...

A Chapter by Lucas Grasha

Just please don’t tell me that this would be our departure…

          We have barely found our way to the docks, and it already feels as if we are drifting. Please, do not tell me that this feeling is real. Please, never tell me such a thing. You know that I would never want it to be real…my mind says that it can never be real. Just please, don’t let it be. And if it ever happens, don’t let me know…

          I’ll just rest here, alone, with my guitar. I’ll just sing here, waiting for you. The ships will be behind me, sailing off on their own ways. And you’ll probably be on one of them…and I’ll never know it. I’ll just keep thinking to myself, “She stayed back in the town…she isn’t leaving without me. She’ll be coming to the docks with her bags in hand, and we’ll leave. This suitcase that I’ve got one foot on, her, and I…we’ll leave. We’ll be off on our ways and we’ll be happy. There won’t be anything to disturb us. We’ll be free. We’ll be free. We’ll be us. And she’ll be her. And I’ll love her. My…my sweet dear…”

          In that illusion I’ll live. At least there, I’ll be happy. I’ll know what they mean when they say ignorance is bliss. I’ll never know that you’re off on your way, far off in some other land by mistake, and we just happened to miss each other’s boat.

          At some point, I’ll die in that place that I waited. I’ll turn to dust. I’ll rot; I’ll rust; I’ll be no more. And what they’ll find in my place is my guitar and my pen, slowly letting time paint them with dust. Time will move on around them, but they’ll still hold a bit of me…a bit of you…a bit of us.

          But just grant me this: if it happens that we become separated, just remember me. That’s all I ask of you. When you’re finally taken away, whirlwinded to some place from which you can’t come back, just make sure to look back at me when that whirlwind takes you…and shed a tear. Just one is all I ask for. That’s all I ask.

 

Daniel Helle, Twenty Second of May, Two Thousand and Eleven.



© 2011 Lucas Grasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"I’ll just rest here, alone, with my guitar." I don't think alone needs to be separated from the sentence. If you're going for the pause effect, I'd go with "--" instead of the comma. "In that illusion(,) I’ll live."

You are such a beautiful writer. Amazing job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A road of words that lead the reader to masked feelings and a bright writer, well done, great read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A powerful tale and journey in your words. Remind me of stories of men off to sea for combat and hoping someone would remember them if they do not return. I like how you write. With a tone of serious nature allowing the reader to fall into the story. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

488 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011


Author

Lucas Grasha
Lucas Grasha

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I've chosen in life to use the pen in place of the sword; or rather, the giving in place of giving up. I believe that I do possess a talent, but that opinion is only mine; if you would please (if you .. more..

Writing
Nucleus Nucleus

A Poem by Lucas Grasha


Superb Superb

A Poem by Lucas Grasha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Curse The Curse

A Story by TJ


The Prophecy The Prophecy

A Chapter by Vanessa Rico