As The Grasp Of Cold Fades...

As The Grasp Of Cold Fades...

A Chapter by Lucas Grasha

I cannot describe how I long for this season to begin, with its careless days, its loose-fitting clothes, and its beautiful days…this year’s summer is almost here. The days of not caring about anything that doesn’t deserve attention…how I love for these days to come. How I long to stroll the sands that border the seas, casting stones across the water and searching for sea shells to add to my collection. The days of summer songs will arrive soon.

            But it hurts me to know that this time of glee will also bring farewells. It is not that I will forget these people, or even remotely miss them, but their absence will change my experiences when this institution of learning’s classes return to their schedules. If those certain persons are not present, there will be something missing; their strange presence, even if it is one that I would have despised, will not be there. I find that it is a strange situation that I seem to need hate, turmoil, and pain to function…it most likely is not the most desirable cocktail to lead to utility, but it is what fuels my soul. This constant back and forth between bliss and anger would be in the sights of wretches, but I would not have it any other way.

            This is my life, my empire of dirt; my greatest and my most valiant failure, but it is the travesty that I love. My life that burns to hate will die to love.

 

Daniel Helle, Twenty-sixth of May, Two Thousand and Eleven



© 2011 Lucas Grasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good poem. The warm days of summer bring hope and joy to most people. Less clothing and more energy to do many things. I like the desire to walk on the beach and collect sea shells. Thank you for a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Summer is always associated with good times and great days, "My life that burns to hate will die to love." probably the best line I've read all day. the ying and the yang, good and evil call it what you will but one does not live without the other, even within ourselves..cool write Luke.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 28, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011
Tags: gone


Author

Lucas Grasha
Lucas Grasha

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I've chosen in life to use the pen in place of the sword; or rather, the giving in place of giving up. I believe that I do possess a talent, but that opinion is only mine; if you would please (if you .. more..

Writing
Nucleus Nucleus

A Poem by Lucas Grasha


Superb Superb

A Poem by Lucas Grasha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lost Love Lost Love

A Poem by Blue Ivory