My Dear, My Feelings...

My Dear, My Feelings...

A Chapter by Lucas Grasha

I feel the need to write to the woman that I had wanted to feel such strong feelings for, but now the opportunity for that has faded and so has my desire. Let me begin first with the statement that she is one of the most benevolent women that I have ever known; nearly a true embodiment of a goddess. Her voice is one of such perfection and of such beauty, so much so that her singing could bring the most depressed, suicidal person out of their entrenchment of melancholy and out into the light of happiness.

          The want that I had for her was unstoppable at one point. I scribed for her some quite beautiful poetry in attempts to impress her and to reflect her beauty to her as I tried to capture it in words. The action of attempting to truly tame who she was into symbols written in ink was an agonizingly confusing and difficult task. Her elegance was such that I could barely hold the reigns of her spirit, even when I was not around her. If she ever wore perfume, I never noticed…I was far too lost in her eyes as their gaze seized mine in a near death-lock. Her exquisite mane of golden-blonde flowed like a river but beckoned like the fingers of a mistress, wrapping my soul up around her finger to pull me back and forth.

          In question it was asked at some point, “If she is as romanticized as you say she is, then why not be her mate?” To this I reply, “The only reason I am not with her is because we have found a barrier.”

          My dearest, I am so sorry to say that the establishments of sacrament have become our barrier. Your enthusiasm and entrenchment in your institution and my hatred towards such establishments is our only barrier. If we had that not there, we could change the world; our love would have been so pure that it would make the cruelest of despots crumble to their knees in tears when they saw such love. But, I will look back on this. I will say, “In retrospect, I just hope she hoped we would happen.”

          We are hopelessly lost in a night that spans forever or a dawn that never comes.

 

Daniel Helle, Twenty-first of April, Two Thousand and Eleven.



© 2011 Lucas Grasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"We have found a barrier..." Isn't that the sad truth of most relationships? =/ You just have to keep working every day to get around them as well as lower your own inside walls.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"person out of their entrenchment of melancholy and out into the light of happiness." Maybe just "into the light of happiness," so it contrasts the "out" of the sadness.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
I absolutely loved this, I liked the description, it was a pleasant read, thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You keep an interesting journal, sir.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It reminds me of a memoir to a Goddess.. Unattainable love.. you again have excelled at penning these emotions.. :) xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


"We are hopelessly lost in a night that spans forever or a dawn that never comes."
I like the directness and the story in this chapter. Sometime there are bridges that can't be crossed put up by people. I like the description of the woman and the story of a friendship. A excellent chapter. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

594 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011
Tags: women, lost, beauty


Author

Lucas Grasha
Lucas Grasha

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I've chosen in life to use the pen in place of the sword; or rather, the giving in place of giving up. I believe that I do possess a talent, but that opinion is only mine; if you would please (if you .. more..

Writing
Nucleus Nucleus

A Poem by Lucas Grasha


Superb Superb

A Poem by Lucas Grasha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..