Disparagement Of Life...

Disparagement Of Life...

A Chapter by Lucas Grasha

Is there much more that I can stand? This stress is starting to take its toll, and it is a tribute I have difficulty paying. Just in my previous night, I had been acting compulsively; in a fashion that led to a burning sensation in the back of my throat. Those tears burn at the pit of my larynx, raging at the tone of my voice, causing me to cough out sounds of crying. It was a horrible sensation, one that truly should not be felt. This hell is a pain that I would not wish upon my worst enemy.

          I am torn in her, and torn in my life. It makes me a pitiful shmuck that I write out my agony in a journal that I plan to publish. Why do I do this to myself? I’m surprised I have only asked that question once. This is all a horrid mess…but I have no one to blame but myself.

          But in this all, there may be a lesson I can learn. Maybe it is control, in the sense that I should relax, just in the same way that I write. I cannot be sure and I don’t intend to be. The path that I will make is the path that will ruin me the most. And I am a cynic, not an optimist. The world is far too bleak and unforgiving to her children…no, it is the feuds of the children that make life hell. And so, I am born into that hate…but God damn it, I’ll die in peace.

 

“So it is…give me my pen. If death is to take me, let her know who I am.” " What will be my final words.

 

Daniel Helle, Nineteenth of May, Two Thousand and Eleven.



© 2011 Lucas Grasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the ending.
"I am torn in her, and torn in my life. It makes me a pitiful shmuck that I write out my agony in a journal that I plan to publish. Why do I do this to myself?"
I carry the "one hundred and one famous poems" with me to two war. Shared the book with over 100 people. I dream to write one poem that can be left for the future generation. To remind them how we lived and thought. Thank you for a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your mind is braced and open to the reader, well done, great read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


When you write these different chapters, you pen something amazing. You let us see into your mind, and that's something wonderful.

What will be my final words was such a good way to end this.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

439 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011
Tags: death, cynicism


Author

Lucas Grasha
Lucas Grasha

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I've chosen in life to use the pen in place of the sword; or rather, the giving in place of giving up. I believe that I do possess a talent, but that opinion is only mine; if you would please (if you .. more..

Writing
Nucleus Nucleus

A Poem by Lucas Grasha


Superb Superb

A Poem by Lucas Grasha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Stars Stars

A Poem by