But Tonight, We Dance...

But Tonight, We Dance...

A Chapter by Lucas Grasha

In such dark days, I will be her lantern…in the most violent of waters, I will be her compass…and even when we are separated, I will be with her. For her, I will travel in darkness, even if that darkness will consume me. All that I care for is of her safety. If my life is worth anything, hers is worth more. Despite all that I wish to be, if under some circumstances that I much give it all up to preserve her safety, I would give up everything just to give her that safety.

          With my sentiment in place, I still hear a voice in the canyons of my mind. The voice says, “If you truly love someone, you would give everything up for them. But if they truly loved you, they would never ask that of you.” As I hear this, I still manage to hold fast the idea I detailed before. I’m not sure how I deal with what seems to be cognitive dissonance, but I think I am just figuring things out. It may be a matter of knowing what I would truly do for her, but I am realizing what the reality would be.

          At any rate, the saying matters at the same time that it doesn’t…what I mean, is that I’m not sure of my direction…rather, our direction. I will never be certain where she said I am to lead her…but I can be certain of one thing and it is this: I will hold her hands in the most frightening of times. I will not abandon her when the darkest of nights approaches.

          And by the campfires we light, I will hold her in embrace, and we will dance so slowly as the flames that we lit reflect unto our faces as our spirits twirl around with each other.

 

Daniel Helle, Twenty-seventh of April, Two Thousand and Eleven.


© 2011 Lucas Grasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the feel and the emotion of this chapter. Finding a place to find peace and celebrate life and dance is a very good thing. I like the ending to this excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


What Lily Mae wrote, passionate.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Another amazing chapter.. I love the beauty in the passion and romance..the deep devotion.. x

Posted 12 Years Ago


If this is written about a certain she in your life, this she is very lucky. You penned this very well, and it's obvious to me that if this is about someone you know, you care about her deeply.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

466 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 29, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011
Tags: love, forever


Author

Lucas Grasha
Lucas Grasha

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I've chosen in life to use the pen in place of the sword; or rather, the giving in place of giving up. I believe that I do possess a talent, but that opinion is only mine; if you would please (if you .. more..

Writing
Nucleus Nucleus

A Poem by Lucas Grasha


Superb Superb

A Poem by Lucas Grasha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Jezebel Jezebel

A Story by Lucas Grasha


Stars Stars

A Poem by