Chapter 1- My Long Time Rival

Chapter 1- My Long Time Rival

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

I rolled around in bed as I heard the the annoying buzz of my alarm clock. I am so not a morning person. Still under the covers, I reached my hand out to try to turn it off. I managed to feel the snooze button and I hit it, still restless. I groaned from the Montana sun hitting my eyes. But I knew I had to get up since it was a school day. I got up and strtched, cracking some bones and left my room. I hated to wake up at 7:00 in the morning.

I went downstairs- almost tripping on the way down- and went stright to the kitchen, half asleep. I rubbed my eyes which hurt and stung like always and sat down at my old kitchen table that was ready to fall apart. I looked up as my carefree mother set a plate of waffles in front of me, already cut up with syrup and butter on them. I glared at her, since I could of done that myself.

She tsked as if I had just made a rude joke, "Well good morning Leah. Did you sleep well?"

I looked up slowly from my waffles and gave her a look like the answer was so obvious. I pointed to my droopy eyes. "Does it look like I got some sleep? Obviously Mom, do you have to be so observant?" She was. In fact, she belives in the werewolf crap. My mom (or better known as Janit) is president of the Werewolf Awarness Group she put together about a year ago with her friends. She believes that anyone who was infected or bitten should be killed instantly. That's what you get from a total Christian who belives in God and that everyone should keep the Lord's day holy. Secertly, I was did not belive in God what-so-ever. To me, the defenation of Church is a place where they tell the same stories all the time and is very easy to fall asleep in (considering the fact that Janit makes me go to the 5:00 mass every Sunday morning)!

I finished my waffles and put them in the sink for Janit to clean for me. I was to lazy to do any kind of chore. As I was about to go upstairs and get ready for school, Janit blocked my way.

I tried to dodge her but was unsuccessful. I crossed my arms on my chest with degust. "What's the big deal Janit?" I really didn't really feel like dealing with her this morning.

"Well young lady, you got some dishes to wash and don't ever call me by my first name. Got it?" I have to admit, she can be scary at times. I gave up and went back to the sink to clean my dish out. When she mentioned dishes, I didn't know that included the pan and a cup from her cup of coffie this morning.

I turned toward her. "Are you fricken kidding me?"

"Leah Dasmore! Don't EVER use that language in this household! And yes, that includes 2 more items. That isn't going to kill you. If you don't do as I say, I'll tell your father about this and you'll be grounded for going to that concert tomorrow."

Crap. She had me with the concert. I was going to a Three Days Grace concert tomorrow with my best friends, Miranda and Cassy. Cassy managed to get us front row tickets and backstage passes so we could meet the band after the concert. But the other thing that cracked me up was when she mentioned about my dad. Personally, I rather live with my carefree father, John then with Janit.

But I washed the dishes anyway since I really didn't feel like hearing Janit anymore. It took me about 5 minutes and I soon as I was done, I went upstairs to get ready for my dreadful day at school. I brushed my black hair and fixed my side bangs. I put on my roses and skulls shirt on and a pair of jeans. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

I walk to school than have Janit drive me in her Voltswagon. My school wasn't far at all. It takes about 5 minutes if you walk. The weather was beautiful today, sunny and about 70 degrees. Just the way I like it. I grabbed my ipod out my bag and turned it on and played it. I let my favorite song Waking the Demon by Bullet fo my Valentine play.

My first stop before going to school was to stop by Cassy's house. Her house is on the way to school so we walk together. Cassy was already in front of her house when I walked up to her.

Cassy was in the 10th grade like me. She had brown hair up to her shoulders and a very slim body. She has been my best friend since we were in 2nd grade. We met in the principal's office after I hit someone in the gut and Cassy got in trouble by cheating on a test. We weren't as bad anymore but we like to get into a little trouble once in a while.

I gave a grin at her. "What's up? I almost got grounded from going to the concert tomorrow."

She stared at me like I just did 100 backflips. "How? Leah you know you can't get grounded for this concert. I can't think of anybody else to take if you can't go."

"Well I didn't feel like doing the dishes this morning and then I cursed at her." As we walked we listened to my ipod and how excited we are to meet one of our favorite bands. When we got to school I heard a laugh behind me. When I turned around, dead rat was in front of my face. I jumped almost knocking over Cassy. Oh joy, it was Trevor.

I hated Trevor Copper so much. He always pulled these pranks on me and made fun me ever since the 4th grade. Trevor has brown hair, with a little blond in it and... his hair was always sticking up. I don't even think he ever washs it. But sometimes I would like to think he's cute but otherwise he's a b*****d.

He laughed at me so hard. "Man, Dashmore you are so easy to trick! Ha!"

I glared at him, clearly not in a mood to deal with him. "Yeah, well, maybe you'll get a girlfriend if you wash your hair for once. Ha!"

I stopped right in his tracks. He just glared at me and walked away. I laughed and gave Cassy a high five for a great job. Then I heard someone crying not to far away. I ran towards the sound. It was Megan, another friend of ours.

"Megan! What's wrong?!" I asked.

She tried to clear her throat so she could speak. "It's... it's... it's Miranda. She was... bitten... bitten by a werewolf!" She sobbed a huge sob.

I stared at her like she was crazy. "Are you sure? Did you hear this from someone?"

"NO! I was there! We were taking a walk and then, a big hairy werewolf came out! I think it was a Leto by the size. Then... it charged at Miranda... she tried to defend herself but..." she couldn't continue.

"What did you do after she was... bitten?" I asked.

"I don't know! I passed out! She was in so much pain. Screaming and her eyes bloodshot! The wolf ran away after that and I passed out for the pain she was in. When I woke up... she was gone! I don't know what happened to her!"

I felt so bad. This was a first. I never belived in any of this. It looks like Miranda won't be coming to the concert with us, or we won't see her ever again. "Does anyone else know?"

"Well... her mom just found out not to long ago because I told the police who found me."

"Well we'll just have to hope she's okay. Maybe she didn't change and got scared and ran away." I knew legend claims you will either become Zema or Leto once bitten. I don't really know. Hopefully she became Zema. I can't belive I'm saying stuff that I don't belive in! Trying to clear the incident out of my head, I walked with my friends to class.

 



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


Author's Note

Hotaru Miyuki
ignore errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on January 22, 2009
Last Updated on January 24, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki