Chapter 3- Some Strange Things

Chapter 3- Some Strange Things

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

I woke up feeling very strange. I felt like I have been falling for a very long time. Falling into the deepest pit of pain. I felt stiff everywhere, expecially in my legs and arms. I tried to recall what happened before I passed out.

I looked around to find myself around some trees and shrubs. I must be in a forest. I got up, feeling very weak. Something in the back of my head told me that my body is weakening, walk to the light. That's exactly what I did. I walked into the sunlight. I looked up at the sky, the sun. The sun was east, so it was morning.

I tried to remember what today was. "Oh crap! It's Friday!" I stopped. My voice seemed deeper than it usually was. I found my bookbag against a tree that was covered in dirt. I didn't care. I grabbed it, swung the strap over my shoulder, and ran for school. I grabbed my cell phone out of my pocket. I had 28 missed calls. What the hell happened? 21 of the calls were from my mother, 4 from my father, and the other the other 3 were from Cassy. I didn't care at the moment because I had 5 minutes to get to school. I ran. I ran so fast that my feet were barely touching the ground. I was running so fast that everything around me past by in a blur. My mind was only set on getting to school.

Finally, I was there. In the clearing, I could see Cassy. She looked upset and scared. Was she worried about me? Before I could think about it, I slammed right into her, knocking her into the ground.

"OW!" she screeched. I got up and gave her some space.

I felt hyper. "Oh my god! I'm sorry!" I stood there, feeling very jumpy.

She got up. "It's ok." She looked me over. "Leah! Where were you!?"

I gave her a puzzled look. "What are you talking about?"

She gave me an astonished look. "I came home and 10 minutes later, your mom called me and asked where you were. I said that you went home but she claimed that you weren't home. We all called you and searched for you! And now, here you are, acting like nothing happened! What happened!?" She seemed hurt and, somehow betrayed.

I lowered my head. "I'm sorry Cas. I honostly can't remember what happened. I just woke up in the woods and ran here."

She studided me for a minute. "Ummm... Leah?"

"Yeah?"

Cassie raised an eyebrow. "Why are you on your hands and feet?"

I gave her another puzzled look, one with wonder and curiosity. I looked down. She was right. I was standing on my hands and feet. I got up with a yelp. I was now on two legs, but I didn't feel right. "What the hell? I have no idea why I was like that!"

"Well not only that, but, are you catching a cold? Your voice seems deeper than before."

Great. "Cassy, I don't know!" I felt irriated. "How am I supposed to know this!? I just happened to wake up in the worst possible pain and now I have to deal with my actions?!" I was yelling at her. I had the urge to just punch her... or even kill her.

She looked hurt; a tear just ran down her face.

I stopped. I now felt like a jerk. I hugged her tight. "I'm so sorry. I just didn't have a good morning."

I let go and she seemed to be gasping for air. I smiled. "Hey! We're still going to that concert tonight though, right? I'll make it up to ya tonight. I'll pay for the food and I'll buy ya a shirt. How's that?" I had a grin on my face.

She shook her head hard. "No, no. You don't have to do that. I forgive you."

"Ok, good. We better get to class before we get in trouble."

As we walked inside, Cassy seemed unsure. "Since when were you concerned about school?"

I shrugged. I felt really wierd walking on twos. "I don't know. Something new I guess."

She looked puzzled. Oh well. As we walked into History, I just thought of something. "Hey Cassy. Since we have that extra ticket, we could invite Megan." I felt bad for her. She was our friend too and she witnessed Miranda getting bitten. Why am I saying this again?

She smiled. "Why didn't I think of that? That's a great idea!" We sat down and we were given a worksheet to work on. It wasn't hard and we got done in about 10 minutes.

During lunch, I was straving! I grabbed everything, half of the food being meat. I had to pay 10 dollars. I payed for it and sat down chowing down. I finished in about 5 minutes, considering that I had a pound of food.

Cassy stared at me in amazement. "Wow."

Just then, Tyler walked over feeling uneasy. "Hey Dashmore, have you seen Trevor?"

I shook my head. "Nope. Maybe he's not here today."

He shrugged and walked away. What was that all about?

After lunch, we had gym. Today, we were to play a game of soccer outside. We were divided into two teams and Cassy was on my team.

Our team was winning by one point. The score was 3-2. I was in defense. The ball was rolling around, being kicked around, and it was coming to me. I laid my eyes on it. In a blink of an eye, I ran for it. I was wild. I was running with it... pushing it with my nose. I had no control. I ran so fast that nobody could catch up to me. I pushed it with my head as hard as I could. The ball flew so fast that it caught the goalie off guard. It went straight into the goal. I jumped.

"YAH!"

Everyone stared at me. I looked down and I was on fours again. I got up and everyone laughed. I turned red to my embarrasment.

Finally, school was over. I went home to get ready for tonight.

 



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

Hotaru Miyuki
finally i got the chapter done! hope you like it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey mine chapter 4 is so much different to urs! but with the same idea so *sticks out tongue* Hah! Lol I loved it good work

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 28, 2009
Last Updated on February 8, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki