Chapter 2- Change

Chapter 2- Change

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

 

The rest of the school day seemed to drag. I was in every single class with Cassy. During our first period class, our teacher claimed that Miranda will no longer be with us. He just told us that she had to transfer as quickly as possible for a reason and that she is sorry for this. I guess that nobody knew except us knows what really happened. Just then, I heard a loud howl from outside that sounded like an animal was crying in aggony.

"Hey Cassy did you hear that?" I whispered.

"Hear what?"

"A howl from outside. I heard it loud and clear I swear!" I heard it again but louder.

"Leah I think you're overreacting over the Miranda issue." I just kept quiet. Why was I the only that heard it? Nobody else could of heard it cause there would be whispering all over if they did. Cassy was probally right. I probally was overreacting.

By lunch I was ready to flip. I still couldn't stop thinking about the issue and the howl I heard earlier. I bought my food and as I walked over to a table with Cassy I heard Trevor talking to his friends.

"I swear! During Algebra I heard it loud and clear! A howl. It sounded like it was in pain!" It looks like I wasn't the only one that noticed the howl. Trevor's friends didn't seem to believe him either.

"Trev have you been watching to many horror flicks?" asked Tyler Adcock. They all laughed by his joke.

"No really I did hear it." Trevor looked over at me with a pleading look. "Hey Dashmore! Since you were eavesdropping did you hear it?"

I made a face for the eavesdropping comment but then went over to the table. "He's not kidding. I heard it during History class first period."

They all stopped laughing, stopped in shock. "Are you sure you're not joking Dashmore?" Tyler asked with a wondering look on his face.

"I'm not kidding! I did hear it. It sounded like it was in pain or just lost a family member or something." They looked at me and started to laugh.

"Looks like Trevor and Leah have somthing in common!" The boys made jokes of us being together which Trevor and I hated so much. I went straght to my table and ate with Cassy not bothering talking to her. After lunch, I threw away my tray and walked to my next class, before leaving the lunch room, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find Trevor behind me.

"What do you want?" I asked not clearly in a mood.

He held up his hands as if he's incident. "Hey, I just... just wanted to thank you for helping get my story straight... somewhat."

I was shocked. Never in my life that I've known him has he thanked me let alone act nice to me. "Um... it was nothing really."

He looked around to make sure nobody was around and looked back at me. "So you heard it to or are you just getting revenge from this morning?"

I shook my head. "Nope I heard too. I thought I was just trying to get over the incident with Miran..." I just remembered that he doesn't know that so I changed the subject. "Well... I better get to class so... see ya." I ran for it wondering why he was so nice to me.

The rest of the day dragged again like this morning. Finally, school was over. Cassy and I were walking home until I heard a really painful cry or howl. I looked at Cassy which she figured that I heard it again.

"Leah, I'm starting to worry about you. Maybe you should just go straight to bed when you get home."

I wasn't paying attention to her. It had to have been like 5 minutes later when Cassy shook me.

"Um... I got to get home and help my dad so I'll see you later."

"Yeah um... see ya..." She ran for home in worry. I heard a howl and then... I heard someone screaming in pain. This time it was a human. I ran toward the sound. I could hear the sound much more clear. I had to of been in the middle of the woods by now. I looked in the darkness since it was like 6:00 at night. There on the ground, screaming in agony, was Trevor.

I looked at him horror struck. I ran to him and looked over him. I saw a bite mark on his neck.

"Ugh... Leah...RUN!!!!" He screamed so loud my ears could bleed. I backed away.

"No... I can't!" Just then I felt something that felt like a knife strike me in the neck. I froze there. I fell to the ground on my knees. I screamed from the pain. The pain was spreading throughout my body. I was in so much pain that I couldn't get my head straight. That's when everything became black.



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG I'll hve to wait until tomorrow to finsih the next chapter! Makes me sad cant wait to see what happens!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is very interesting. I, too, wish you would finish chapter 3. LOL.
You might want to slow down a little when writing each event, maybe add some details, but the story line is great and def. keeps the reader interested. I can't help but wonder how Leah and Trevor will grow as characters. Can't wait for more :]

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh plz I'm begging plz finish chapter 3.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
PLZ finish chapter 3. like asap i'm going insane

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki