Chapter 4 The Blackout

Chapter 4 The Blackout

A Chapter by Emily L


The Blackout

Evelyn awoke in a pitch black dark room. The tubs bathwater where she laid was  barely lukewarm and the only source of light was from the moon shining in through the large window across from the glorious tub.


"Where am I?" she asked herself aloud, slowly beginning to panic. She rose from the cool water searching for a towel to dry off with.

No towel, but a satin cream robe was hung up on the door. Evelyn jiggled the door handle. Nothing.

"Heeellp!Please help me! I'm in the upstairs bathroom,locked away!" she screamed. Her yells and pleas were no good. "Oh I wish I could remember where I am!" she sobbed. The taste of Genmaicha tea settled in her mouth, the one thing that appeared to be familiar. “Someone must have given me tea...they must have drugged me!” she said aloud trying to fit the pieces together.


Through her sobs she looked around for a source of light. Frantically opening drawers, she found a match and lite the candelabra. The room lit up with a warm yellow glow. The room didn't seem quite as scary anymore. A green undertone with splashes of  yellow consumed the room. A bathtub, a bookshelf, single couch, and dresser were the only things that gave the room some character. Just the furniture and a tiny decorated door that seemed all too lovely to be placed in such a hell hole. The small pearly white knobe was shiny and mesmerizing and the wood carvings looked as if it took years to create.


Holding the candelabra in one hand she knelt down to the ground and opened the handle. A long tunnel appeared, only about the size of a crawl space. She took one of the candles off of its holder and crawled her way through the little tunnel. It smelled of mothballs and gravel.


There seemed to be no hope at the end of the lonely tunnel when all of a sudden the sound of silence was broken with tears. Somebody was crying. The quiet weeping broke Evelyn's gentle heart. The idea of being lost in a mysterious place was now banished. She had to find out what was at the end of this passage of sorrow.


A dim light began to creep into the crawl space. Each inch she crawled the more curious she grew. "Who could this sad sad mortal be?" The door was cracked just a tiny bit. Slowly she pushed it open to reveal this mysterious soul.


A blonde boy stood removing his dingy glasses to wipe his tears. A boy no bigger then Evelyn. She waited and thought for a second on how to approach this situation. She cracked the door open a tiny bit more till it was now fully open. Sliding onto the wooden floor she timidly made herself known to this being.  


“Um hello, my name is Evelyn and I heard you crying are you Oka…?”

“Where did you come from?” the boy asked back wiping the remainder of his tears to show no weakness.

“Well to be quite honest with you i’m not really sure, you see I woke up in this room and I found th..” Before letting her finish the boy banished her off back into the door. “You can’t stay here, we mustn’t be communicating with each other.” he barked. “Oh but I must stay, i’m very confused and you have to tell me where I am, please please.” she begged. The boy knew he was defeated. There was no unseeing the two of them. “Well okay” he said taking her hand and leading her to the homemade wood desk that sat in the tiny room, with the name Jack carved into the flat top.Situating himself in the chair and puffing out a sigh, “My name is Jack.”



© 2017 Emily L


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on September 9, 2017
Last Updated on September 9, 2017
Tags: book, story, maine, adventure, mystery, scary, fantasy, witch, evil, magic, witchcraft


Author

Emily L
Emily L

Akron, OH



About
Hello, my name is Emily i'm 19years old and simply just want to share my writing with the world. I have a strong love for writing about nature and the world around me. All the beautiful things it has .. more..

Writing
Just Be Just Be

A Poem by Emily L