Chapter 5 The Fire Fairy

Chapter 5 The Fire Fairy

A Chapter by Emily L

Fire Fairy


"Alright Jack, well, we have to get you out of here! I can't believe you are stuck in such a place,trapped by that evil witch Ebony! I thought she was nice." Jack  reached over to Evelyn's shoulder. "Oh but she is, see, she isn't a mean ol lady, she is just very troubled. There is a sad story about her. She isn't harming me at all, actually, I'm hiding." Evelyn shook her head, "Hiding? Why would you be hiding?" Jack  looked over to his desk. "I did something, and I know she will be mad at me."


Evelyn shook the boy back and forth. "What did you do!?" Jack looked down in shame. "There was something in the basement, in a cage, and it called to me. Evelyn began to hear the voice of the O'l Lady. "Evelyn, oh Evelyn Dear, are you done with your bath?"


Jack looked over to the door. "Oh no, shes coming! You must go back, she can't know that you are here with me!" Evelyn scurried back, diving  into the tub with the robe and all. As Ebony entered the bathing room,the bubbles began to die down . "Well, my dear child, it looks like it is time for you to go to bed. Come now, I will take you to your room." The books then flew under the feet of Evelyn and drifted her soggy self off through the hall as she looked back at the small hole where a new friend hid.


The O'l Lady  flew towards another hall, adjacent to the one she had just been in, and there many statues, busts, and full sculptures of many men and women. But there was one statue that impressed her the most, a tiny statue that seemed like a fairy. Evelyn looked closely at the tiny statue, and there, she saw its eyes focus on her. "I must be seeing things!" The O'l Lady then looked over to Evelyn and asked "See what my dear?" The teenage girl  looked over at Ebony and replied, "Oh nothing, nothing at all." When Evelyn searched for the little fairy statue, it was nowhere to be found.


"Well, I'm sure you are just appreciating my collection." the O'l Lady smiled. They reached yet another high door, but this one was even higher off the ground. The door opened to reveal a sweet room, the curtain shielded bed, the big multicolored window, everything of this room seemed so endearing. "What do you think Evelyn?" Evelyn  turned confused and responded: "You know I never once told you what my name was. So I need you to tell me, how do you know this!? And what is this place again?" Ebony chuckles. "Like I've told you before, I know everything."


Evelyn  tried to ask another question, but the old lady got up and fled. The door closed and the dark room was only lit  by the moonlight silk waving her into a sleep. Evelyn approached the bed "Ow!" She muffled, when she looked down, it was the fairy statue she saw back in the hallway. "Now, how in the world did you get here?" She picked up the statue, and when she held it up to the sky, she could see a glow coming from her hand, it was red and orange. Her hand then began to feel warm, then warmer, until too hot to hold the statue. She let go, and just as the statue was going to hit the floor and shatter, it transformed into a beautiful fire fairy. And there, as Evelyn was going to touch it, a powerful sleep came upon her, and the fairy laid her to rest.



© 2017 Emily L


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on September 9, 2017
Last Updated on September 9, 2017
Tags: book, story, maine, adventure, mystery, scary, fantasy, witch, evil, magic, witchcraft


Author

Emily L
Emily L

Akron, OH



About
Hello, my name is Emily i'm 19years old and simply just want to share my writing with the world. I have a strong love for writing about nature and the world around me. All the beautiful things it has .. more..

Writing
Just Be Just Be

A Poem by Emily L