Chapter 9 Hidden

Chapter 9 Hidden

A Chapter by Emily L

Hidden

Evelyn opened the note and began to read.

"For those of you who have found this letter, let me thank you. See I've been writing for so long, but it seems as if no one ever hears me. If you can read this, please find me, as I have been stuck here for ages. Im sure you are looking for a key, well, its with me. And I know exactly how to use it. I am, where mountain meets no end."

"What could that mean?" Asked Jack holding on to his arm. Evelyn shrugs. It seems like the trio had come to a dead end on pine point beach, they had to find a way to escape such place before heading towards a new adventure. It was getting dark, and they decided to rest inside the cave.

"Fire Fairy, are you the only one of your kind? I've never seen a creature like you." Evelyn asked admiring the blazing woman. "Well, I was captured by that old lady Ebony back in the mansion. Before I was caught, I lived in a great village full of fire fairies, and we had a splendid time out there. And then I could no longer return to such a beautiful place."

Evelyn wiped a tear that ran down her cheek. "I'm sorry to hear that." The three continued talking and further out into midnight when the three were sleeping, a man like figure approached the cave. Jack woke up but did not move just incase the person did not find them, but the figure continued approaching them. The raspy breath and slow walking made the seconds go by with such fear accelerating his heart. The fire fairy then heard the footsteps draw closer, and as she awoke, her flaming body gave away a light of the position. The figure walked in a lot faster, yet it seemed to have a limp. And as the figure walked into their range, the fairy flew up to its face, and there the fire revealed, a chewed face, bald spot patched head, yellow eyes, its body seemed to be missing some flesh, and that's when they realized... IT'S A ZOMBIE! The three ran away as fast as they could but outside was a swarm just waiting for them to exit the cave.

The three attempted to run through the woods, but it was still no good, as the dead continued to grow in closer to them. and as they continued running around, a net caught them, and they were swinging from a tree. And though it seemed as they were safe from the dead, the rope holding the net in the air slowly began to rip and untie itself. Until there, a man appeared, all the dead were soon killed on the spot and the net was cut. The three landed on their faces.

Hurt and scared, they got up and looked over towards an old man smiling from above. "It seem you all have ran into these critters, you shouldn't be outside at this time, don't you know that this is the most dangerous hours?" Evelyn looked over, the note on the floors, she picked it up and put it in her pocket. The old man noticed the note and smiled a huge smile. It seems you have found me."



© 2017 Emily L


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on September 9, 2017
Last Updated on September 9, 2017
Tags: book, story, maine, adventure, mystery, scary, fantasy, witch, evil, magic, witchcraft


Author

Emily L
Emily L

Akron, OH



About
Hello, my name is Emily i'm 19years old and simply just want to share my writing with the world. I have a strong love for writing about nature and the world around me. All the beautiful things it has .. more..

Writing
Just Be Just Be

A Poem by Emily L