Chapter 7 The Haunted Forest

Chapter 7 The Haunted Forest

A Chapter by Emily L

The Haunted Forest


The warm sunshine hit Evelyn's face. She hadn't felt the warmth of her soul ever since she entered Ebony's home. It felt great! Evelyn began to giggle with excitement to be free. She flipped her slip on shoes off and began running and skipping through the field of bright green grass and salty air. She could finally have a taste of life again.

The three continued on with their journey, quickly approaching the forest. The laughs and jokes quickly came to a halt at the sight of the forest. Dark and depressed it sat silent. "A lot of sadness and misery lies here." Jack whispered. "Many people bring their sorrows and burdens here, leaving them locked in the forest walls."They began to enter the forest when the feeling of mournful energy fell upon them. "I don't think I can make it through, it's just too sad" Evelyn said with tears in her eyes. The fairy flew to Evelyn shoulder, "But you must carry on, remember your poor grandmother, she needs you now." Evelyn pushed through her heartbroken feelings and kept the thought of her grandmother in mind.

The woodland grew darker and drearier but a small light began to dazzle in the far off distant. Running towards the light they found a second slip of paper found in a wooden box. "To kind the key to the passage door, you must head to Pine Point Beach to find the next clue" the letter read.

Evelyn stuffed the crumpled of piece of paper into the pocket of her jacket. And the trio headed off West to Pine Point Beach.


Running through the Forest, they followed off towards their next location. Once out, they set foot back towards Salem, the empty town of darkness. Night began to follow closely behind and they needed a place to stay, they searched all around just to find some Quarters to rest. Then Evelyn remembered a Tavern near the bus stop when she arrived. They followed the streets back  to the Bus Stop,  there was the dim lit Tavern, she could here noise, voices coming from inside. Nothing like a Friday night in the boozed up bar. As they approached the door a big muscled man stopped them in their tracks.

"Hey little girls, where do you think you're going?" The drunk man asked. "I am going inside, and I am no little girl, I'm a boy!" Jack responded holding Evelyn back. The man began to laugh with his raspy voice. "You've got the faces of never drinking before, you two best go back home where you oughta be slippin." The man gurgled out drunk as a skunk.

The fairy came out of Evelyn's hat and flew around the man "And what say you this little fire fly will do to me?" The man mocked the fairy and was pushed off by a force and knocked out on the floor. The fairy nodded her head as they continued inside. The men and women cheered and drank listening to the live music, the beer cups magically flying around the room and the fire danced in the air.

"What is going on here? How are those cups in the air, and the fire not falling?" Evelyn asks looking around in wonder. "It has to be a magic user, Salem is known for having witches and well known sorcerers. The fairy flew out and roamed near the fire in the air, camouflaging as a spark. She saw a man behind the bar moving his fingers in a circular motion. "Look over there! -Jack pointed to the man- it's the bartender, he is a magic user." Jack and Evelyn  ran over and as they moved in, the man noticed the teenagers and approached them.

"You know you kids can't be in here, I always have to throw you guys out." The man  raised his hand to snatch them by their shirts until, the fairy came swooping down and burning his hand. "Ouch! -The man saw the fairy- so I'm guessing you are their friend?" The man asked, Evelyn stepped up, "We are just looking for some answers" She holds out the letter and points to the name, Pine Point Beach. The man shook his head; "You younglings have no business out there. It is dangerous!" Then they heard a voice shout from a table, "Olasis, give us a show mate!" Everyone  began to chant his name, "It looks like they are asking for me, sit tight and watch the show." The bartender then took the stage in the corner and prepared a show for the guests. He began to use his magic for show, throwing fire balls, ice balls and lightning. The crowd cheered at the performance.

After the show, the man came back toward the adventurers. "Ill tell you this, that beach is crawling with all kinds of monsters, and I don't think it is worth risking your life going there. But... -the man reached into his pocket and pulled out a dice- since you guys are brave enough to go, this here is my contact dice. Roll the correct number and I will appear to help."

Evelyn  thanked the man and took the dice. "We will, now, we are looking for a place to stay the night so we can go off for the morning, can you help?" Evelyn asked gracefully. The man laughed, "Why of course, we have some spots in the tavern since most people who come get so drunk they can't walk home, I will provide you each with a room, unless you guys are a couple?" Evelyn and Jack looked at each other and blushed of embarrassment, then the fairy flew out and yelled, "No, they are not!" And runs back into the pocket of Evelyn. "Well, then, a room for each it is."

Evelyn and Jack walked some distance away from each other to the upstairs of the tavern. Each were presented with a room to rest. "Well, good night Jack." Evelyn said looking back before entering through the door. "G... goo... good night Evelyn." Jack replies running into his room."

Evelyn crawled into the hard framed bed and pulled out the fairy from her pocket. "Boys, are weird aren't they?" The Fairy  nodded and kissed Evelyn on the forehead. "Sleep tight, I will keep watch tonight."



© 2017 Emily L


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on September 9, 2017
Last Updated on September 9, 2017


Author

Emily L
Emily L

Akron, OH



About
Hello, my name is Emily i'm 19years old and simply just want to share my writing with the world. I have a strong love for writing about nature and the world around me. All the beautiful things it has .. more..

Writing
Just Be Just Be

A Poem by Emily L