Chapter 10 Edgar

Chapter 10 Edgar

A Chapter by Emily L

 

Edgar


The fire fairy made a quick glance over at Evelyn, the fairy knew exactly who this man was but kept her mouth shut. "If you want the key, you will have to follow me" the mysterious man said. "of course we want the key!" Evelyn exclaimed without hesitation. The group followed the elderly man deeper into the forest leading the way.


"I don't trust this man Evelyn, maybe we should just turn back" Jack whispered so the man wouldn't hear. "Hush now" Evelyn retorted. The dead silent forest was filled with only the sound of the man's unsteady wheezing.


"Right this way, just up those stairs is my home" said the man. Malaga House read the sign to the house. The four of them made their way up the rickety stairs to the worn down house. The man opened the door and welcomed them into his abode. Guiding them up the windy stairs to the vestibule he ordered them to sit down.


Books upon books, pots and kettles, empty bottles and potions filled the room of filth and despair. "Now then" he said calmly pulling up his chair to the kids. "I have the key you are looking for, your grandmother was a very special lady to me but sometimes bonds are broken and curses are thrown. When I was young I lost my temper more times then not. I made awful mistakes in my lifetime. And now that lifetime is coming to an end."


Evelyn continued on listening to the helpless man having some form of love for him even in his state. "The curse upon your grandmother is a deadly one. I replaced your grandmother with Ebony, to guard the home and take care of anyone who gets in our way. In my last dying days there is nothing I long for more than to see your grandmother for one last time!"


"Then let her free and this will be possible!" Evelyn pleaded. "It is not that easy. You see the curse can only be held upon one person, once I free your grandmother someone will have to take her place."  Evelyn stared blankly out the foggy window,"let it be me then."


Without hesitation, Edgar jolted his hands in the air aiming right for Evelyn, "LET IT BE THEN!" he hollered. Evelyn fell to the floor and the man was gone. The fire fairy swooped down to the floor before he head hit the wood.


"Oh this can't be!" the fairy cried out. "We have to hurry fast, quick start looking through these books maybe there's a way to get back to the mansion in seconds" Jack said rummaging through the books. "Spells and how to break them, here" the fairy said handing the book to Jack. He stuffed the book into his jacket and continued looking for the desired book.


"Transportation Spell" a crumpled up note between some books read. "It says here read the spell to yourself never revealing out loud your desired destination"Jack said reading from the note. "Well hurry then!" screamed the fairy. Jack picked up Evelyn and held her in his arms as he read the spell to himself, imagining the mansion over and over.


A gust of wind and a spark of light fell upon them. They found themselves back at the mansion. Jack and the fairy ran down to the cellar where grandmother was, still supporting Evelyn in their arms. They opened the cellar door to find Ebony and Edgar surrounding a wide awake woman.


Jack put Evelyn down on the stone floor gently and pulled out the spell book, cleared his throat and read, "Break the curse that once reside, and put beside the evil mind." A crack of thunder filled the room as it turned to black. Ebony and Edgar was gone as was the fairy. Evelyn began to awake from her deep sleep. Jack helped her up and lead her to her grandmother.


The two locked eyes and began to cry. A warm embrace welcomed each other into the arms of one another. "Oh grandmother, I know we've never met but I know that when I am in your arms I feel at home" cried Evelyn running her hands through her grandmother's thin orange hair. Grandmother wiped Evelyn's tears from her flushed cheeks chuckling to herself, "it seems dear one's true love is never that far away after all."


The End



© 2017 Emily L


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on September 9, 2017
Last Updated on September 9, 2017
Tags: book, story, maine, adventure, mystery, scary, fantasy, witch, evil, magic, witchcraft


Author

Emily L
Emily L

Akron, OH



About
Hello, my name is Emily i'm 19years old and simply just want to share my writing with the world. I have a strong love for writing about nature and the world around me. All the beautiful things it has .. more..

Writing
Just Be Just Be

A Poem by Emily L