Chapter 26-  Aliens uh? I'd give it a shot

Chapter 26- Aliens uh? I'd give it a shot

A Chapter by Esther Night

You would think that I would be excited to that my lost in a dream brother was standing in front of me. But that moment, I felt angry. Pissed. Pissed that he wasn't standing here when my mom left or when my dad was drunk.


"We need to talk." He whispered trying to calm me down.


It didn't work. I stormed out without looking back.

%%%%%

"So how was your day boy?" Dad asked while he was eating dinner with Donovan and I. He just happen to be in town and of course Tony felt the need to feed him.


"Just another day" I shrugged.


We heard a knock on our door.


Tony got to open the door...and Jake was stepping into our living room.


Dad walked to him not yet realizing his lost son was in front of him, "How can I…" he started but once he looked at Jake's blue eyes, our blue eyes he figured it out,"…well"


"How are you?" Jake stumbled nodding nervously to my dad.


"What's going on?" Donovan whispered to me.


"That's Jake" I whispered back.


"Jake? That Jake?"


I nodded.


Dad took another deep breath, "This is a surprised"


"I ran into Jimmy today" Jake said.


S**t.


Dad turned around looking at me confused, "You didn't tell me that?"


I smirked.


He turned back to Jake, "So um…how's your step dad treating you?"


"Good" Jake nodded.


"And how's your mama?"


"She's good"


"You still in school?" Dad asked.


"I finished high school. Now I'm going to collage around here." Jake replied.


"Wow" dad chuckled "I got me a boy in college."


"Yea" I smirked again "What are you even doing? Oh and my name is James."


"Maybe he needs a place to stay" dad told me.


I rolled my eyes. It disgusted me that my dad could be so caring towards Jake.


Jake motioned his hand, "No that's okay I got an apartment by the college."


"I asked you what you doing here" I bit.


He bit back, "I wanted to see you."


I rolled my eyes.


Jack bit his lip, "Forget it I got to go"


He stomped to the door. He grabbed to the door knob. Then he turned back to me and murmured, "I just thought getting to know each might help both of us."


I heard him clearly, but said nothing back. Jake shook his head and stepped out.

%%%%%

"No, why should I try to have a relationship with him?" I ranted to Matt and Tony.


"You should try it. Jake seems pretty nice and it sounds like he wants to bond with you." Matt said as he sat next to me on couch.


"If he's sooo nice then why didn't he write me back…at least once?"


"Maybe you should ask him" Tony budded in form his chair, "I bet there's a lot that you

two need to talk about."


"I ain't taking to him."


"Ain't?" he bit, "Really ain't?"


Oh that's right. I was living with an English teacher.


"Sorry" I smirked.


"Hunter…I really think you should get to know brother while you have the chance….So why not try it?"


Matt wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "Jamie, you have spent all of these years dreaming of what kind of big bother Jake would be. You own it to yourself to find out."


"Hoink" little Mac agreed sniffing at my leg.


"See Jamie, even Little Mac wants you to try it." Matt said, and then…he smiled at me.


Damn it! Why am I so weak to that smile?


I got up and walked to the phone.


Jake had insisted on leaving a number and I called it.


"Hey Jake it's James."


Jake cheered, "Hey"


"Hey…um I've been thinking"


"Oh"


Then I asked him maybe one of the weirdest questions he has ever been asked, "How do you feel about pigs?"


He said nothing for a few seconds then said, "Um I don't know…um why do you ask?"


I looked over at Matt holding his breath trying not to laugh.


"I have a pet pig" I said with as straight of a face as I could make.


Matt fell into the couch laughing. I started laughing too.


"Seriously?" said the other end of the line.


"Yea"


There was another pause.


"That's awesome, man."


I laughed, "Seriously?"


"Yea, that sounds interesting. My mom would never let me get a dog, much less a pig."


I still had anger and resentment toward him…but somehow I had I feeling that we had potential become at least friends.


I closed my eyes and took a breath, "So…dose the offer still stand?"


"Yea" he said, "How about you come to my apartment for dinner?"


"Sure" I answered.

%%%%

About two days later I met Jake's roommate, Will. He and Jake seemed to be total opposites. Jake was lean and had spiked brown hair and blue eyes. Will was a little cubby and had brown eyes and wavy shoulder length blond hair. Jake, was neat and prestigious and wanted to become high powered business mam. Will, was a messy goofball who couldn't stand working in an office.


The three of us celebrated with ordering pizza.


Frist we settled the topping debate. I wanted pineapple. Jake wanted pepperoni. Will wanted ham. So we ended getting a combo of the three.


"So if aliens came to earth and told that they would pay you million dollars to study your brain, would you do it?' Will asked with pizza bits falling out of his mouth.


I laughed, "Aliens uh? I'd give it a shot."


"I don't get it." Jake said shaking his head. "There is no logic in any of that. How did they

get to earth? How would know about American currency? And out of all of the people in this world why would they choose any of our brains?"


I covered my mouth and laughed.

Will leaned into Jake's face, "Why does everything have to be logical Jakie?" Will smiled at him. "You're probably smartest guy I've met. Why can't aliens study your beautiful brain? I would want to study your brain."


Jake blushed.


I felt something strange was happening, but didn't know what to think of it.


"Um...Jake" I spoke up, "Why don't you ask one?"


Will sat back in his seat still smiling at Jake.


Jake swallowed his bite and nodded, "Okay, what do you want for yourself this year?"


"Wow" Will laughed "That is so guidance counselor."


"Well I just thought it would good for all of us to get to know each other on a deeper

level." Jake said "Will, do you even have deeper level?"


Will sat there quietly biting his lip.


Jake leaned forward and said in a deep voice, "There must be something that you want deeply."


Will had no snappy comeback. He just stayed silent staring as if Jake had taken his tongue away.


Jake turned to me, "What about you?"


I knew what I wanted to say. What I wanted was not be gay anymore. It had seemed to be nothing but pain for me. I mean I had kissed one boy…that was enough to get it out of my system…right?


I just shrugged and said, "I don't know"

%%%%

I was leaning against a locker with some girl whose name I don't even remember. Her time was up. Two dates was all I could stand of her.


"Well time is up." I waved her away.


"Aww please, what if I…"


I held up my hand in her face. I hated it when girls tried sexual offerings. By that point it just annoyed me.


She walked away defeated. I felt sorry for her, but I wasn't going to show it. I just shrugged and whispered, "So whose next?"


Then I heard a loud laugh. I turned around to see this black girl watching me.


She was wearing a hippie like flower pattern flowing shirt and jeans. Her straight black hair went a little pass her shoulders, and she wearing a headband with a similar hippie pattern. She was really beautiful. I mean that.


"What are you laughing at?"


"Oh just watching the great James Hunter at work." She sarcastically smirked.


"Oh really" I smirked right back about to walk off.


Then she dramatically said,"Th' expense of spirit in a waste of shame. Is lust in action, and till action, lust"


I stopped, "That's Shakespeare."


"I know." She smirked, "It's from one of my favorite poems."


"Sonnet 129 I think?" I pointed out, "Is perjur'd, murd'rous, bloody, full of blame, savage, extreme, rude, cruel, not to trust."


She laughed, "It's about horn dogs like you."


Wow. Wow, if she only knew.


I nodded, "Yea kind of, it's about lust and how it can be shameful and twisted." I swallowed and looked straight at her. "Maybe that's what I do, but the girls for some reason keep coming…I don't know why but they do."


"Well you're kinda cute, you know, for a white boy." She joked.


I laughed. This girl was confusing the hell out of me…but I was too curious to walk away.


I smirked "Well you're kinda cute too, you know, for a black girl." I chuckled.


She laughed and snapped her fingers.


Then I did something that I had done many times before…but this was different.


"Hey would like to go out with sometime?" I asked. Not for a cover up. Not to prove something. I asked her out because I really wanted to get to know her.


She smiled, "Okay, I'll give you a day or two."


"Oh by the way, what's your name?"


"Shawna"



© 2014 Esther Night


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
Added on February 19, 2014
Last Updated on June 20, 2014

It wasn't me