Our Constitution, & Solutions To Tyranny

Our Constitution, & Solutions To Tyranny

A Chapter by Matt B

If you haven't already noticed, I've been doing some research on the American system of laws and government.  In this chapter, I would like to discuss certain issues pertaining to the US Constitution. 

The Constitution is the primary document that lays down how America is to be governed, and by what system.  While it doesn't give us our individual rights, it clarifies that we have them.  As I have previously stated, and to quote the Declaration of Independence, "among these rights are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness".  I strongly believe that we should safeguard and protect these rights. 

Indeed, that is the very reason we have elected "leaders" in the first place.  Our original thirteen colonies thought that, because of Britain's many tyrannical acts, it was time to declare themselves as "free and independent states".  As I've explained in a past chapter, many of those same acts are still being committed by our "leaders" today.  Our God-given rights are routinely being violated.  Yet, when we speak up and protest these violations, we are not only ridiculed, but retaliated against by our own government.  Anything that our "dear Leader" Mr. Obama says is agreed with, and subsequently declared as law. 

Wait...I know what you're thinking.  You're saying, "oh, things aren't that bad.  At least no blood has been spilled".  Have you forgotten about the four Americans stationed in Benghazi, Libya? They were there for one purpose; to assist in the development and protection of freedom for fellow Americans that were also there.  When they came under attack by terrorist forces, they begged Washington for military assistance.  Whatever you think of what went on, these are the important facts.  Barack Obama is, as president, the Commander-in-Chief of our armed forces.  Only he had the authority to make such an order.  Obama did not lift a finger to help those four Americans; he could have done so, but he decided to go to bed instead.  Therefore, no assistance came to them, and as a result, those gallant men died on foreign soil.  Their blood is on the hands of Mr. Obama, not to mention the Secretary of State at the time, Hillary Clinton.  Let that sink in for a moment.  We have abandoned those who have sought to protect us, and keep the light of liberty shining for all.  So much for the doctrine of "leave nobody behind".  Quoting a politician, we don't "cut and run'...cowards 'cut and run". 

Article II, Section IV of the Constitution provides that "all civil officers of the United States shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".  This includes the president, along with other "civil officers" that might serve in Washington.  So what is the exact definition of "treason", among other terms? Article III, Section III explains this.  The act of treason is defined as "levying war against (the United States), or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort".  I believe that by any stretch of the word, Barack Obama has indeed done this.  He has given our enemies "comfort" in the fact that they will not be attacked, even if the lives of our people are at risk.  And his refusal to grant military assistance in Benghazi amounts to, in my opinion, giving "aid" to such enemy forces.  We can debate semantics all you like, but that's beside my point.  Even if Mr. Obama has committed treason, he is in the final days of his last term due to term limits.  Unless Obama resigns of his own accord, we no longer have the ability to peaceably remove him from office. 

So what options are still available to us? We have tried to vote in more effective leaders that will "preserve and protect" our freedoms.  However, every time we attempt to do this, we find that those we have elected are simply ignoring us.  Time and time again, they commit the same intolerable acts that their predecessors did.  Our politicians have stopped listening to us.  Now, they only listen to their own self-interests.  Even if Mr. Obama has committed treason, he is in the final days of his last term due to term limits.  Unless Obama resigns of his own accord, we no longer have the ability to peaceably remove him from office.  A more violent solution is, obviously, quite undesirable.  What can "we the people" do further when our rights are violated, and our "leaders" stop listening?

The Declaration provides a very specific remedy.  It explains that "when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces (shows) a design to reduce them (the people) under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security".  In other words, the Declaration says that we have the right to change our government.  I believe that the people of "the several states" also have the right to, if they so desire, declare independence.  However, the Supreme Court apparently disagrees. 

In the case of Texas v. White, a case decided in 1869, the Justices ruled that "the union of the states" was "perpetual" and "indissoluble" (meaning unable to be dissolved).  Furthermore, the Court also ruled that no state had a legal right to secede, and any actions or laws regarding such were "absolutely null" (meaning they had no effect).  In my opinion, the Court's decision on this matter is in error.  At the time of independence, the states gave their consent to be included in a "union".  If this argument is correct, then why is it that they cannot withdraw their consent? I will not go into specifics here, but I believe that perhaps it is time for individual citizens to consider this argument. 

More to come soon. 


© 2017 Matt B


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on October 15, 2016
Last Updated on October 11, 2017