On Political Discussions

On Political Discussions

A Chapter by Matt B

Lately, I have found that...

...Talking to friends about opposing political viewpoints is like talking to a wall.  Not to get a big time rant started, but I was just having a conversation with a friend of mine, regarding President Trump.  I say he won fair and square, and that there is no evidence to show that any wrongdoing occurred on the part of the Trump team.  However, I cannot seem to convince my friend of this. 

The friend says that Trump lied, and that he helped the Russians...with what, exactly? The silence from my friend on this point is deafening.  The fact is that the Russians helped Trump.  He didn't help them, which would qualify as treason (right, Obama? Yeah, I'm looking at you, buddy). 

To my point, I never seem to get anywhere when talking to friends of a different political opinion.  Here's their playbook on that sort of thing. 

My friends will try, unsuccessfully, to refute the facts....aka "deny, deny, deny".  Then, when you present them with undeniable truths, they will hurl vile insults at you.  There have been documented incidents where some have even threatened violence.  For example...."refugees welcome, 'racists' f off!!" "You're a racist, and need to be punched in the face!"

These people don't know when they've lost the argument, and have trouble just walking away from it.  Whether that is ignorance, or simply pure stupidity, I'm not sure....but I digress.  I say talking to them is quite like banging your head against said wall.  You'll never get anywhere by doing so.  All you will get is a bad headache, or perhaps a split skull, for your trouble. 

In the words of pro wrestling personality Jim Cornette, I'm Matt Boland, "and that's my opinion". 


© 2017 Matt B


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on July 14, 2017
Last Updated on July 14, 2017