The Writing's On The Wall (or "That's It, I Quit, I'm Moving On")

The Writing's On The Wall (or "That's It, I Quit, I'm Moving On")

A Chapter by Matt B

A lot of things have been going on in the state of Connecticut lately, none of them good.  Let me give you a brief example of what our elected legislature has been doing.  
In Hartford, the passage of a bill putting tolls on state highways seems inevitable, and just yesterday, the General Assembly decided to join the "National Popular Vote Compact" (an agreement between multiple states that, in future presidential races, the electoral votes of those states will go to whoever wins the national popular vote, and not necessarily the winner of the state).  These actions have, quite literally, made me sick to my stomach.  
Now, I understand and agree with the idea that "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade".  On this subject, my father often liked to recite an old poem which read, "when care is pressing you down a bit, rest if you must, but don't you quit".  I have tried to live my life according to this principle.  Indeed, a well-known former pro wrestler once said that in life, you should "turn negatives into positives".  Nevertheless, there comes a point where you have to simply throw in the towel, and let things run their course.  I feel like I have reached that point.  
I have tried to point out the various misdeeds of the Democrats, and mistakes by the Republicans that allow those misdeeds to continue, to my friends and neighbors.  I have mentioned my disapproval of the governor, to the point of asking about his possible resignation or impeachment.  And I have said over and over again that if Republicans will not stand and fight, the Democratic Party will cruise to victory in November (and then, this state is finished).  The response to my remarks has been complete and utter silence.  
Gathering my thoughts for a moment, let me say that I have lived in Connecticut basically all of my life, as did my father (and his father before him).  I find myself forced to make a statement that I never thought I would state; not even in my most horrifying dreams.  That statement is this (and allow me to paraphrase the earlier referenced former pro wrestler); I have given my time, my money, and (perhaps) half of my sanity trying to save Connecticut.  If this is how it's going to be, then "screw it, it ain't worth it".  
I hope the liberals are happy with what they have done.  


© 2018 Matt B


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on April 28, 2018
Last Updated on April 28, 2018