My Country, & My Hometown

My Country, & My Hometown

A Chapter by Matt B

Perhaps I shouldn't worry about them, but the way certain recent things have been handled in this country makes me sick.  It used to be that you could say anything, as long as you didn't directly threaten somebody, or infringe on their right to say what they wished.  These days, if you say that your governor is a bum who should be thrown out of office, you're likely to get a visit from the local police.  And you simply can't protect your life and property by buying a gun; oh my God, you might actually use it! Don't carry one around with you in Bridgeport, either. 

Now I see that the "local looney liberals" are complaining about a nearby house.  The house in question features what must be Fairfield's largest display of Christmas lights, which are a sight to see every year.  I used to live right next to this house, and their Christmas lights were NEVER an issue, until now.  Why are they a problem this year? That's because some "snowflake" neighbors have apparently complained about them, and the traffic that they cause.  If you read between the lines, you will see that the traffic isn't the real issue; it's the neighbors' intolerance of anything that they see as "offensive". 

Sadly, this has become the norm in now liberal towns like Fairfield.  That's because liberals are committed to breaking down the entire American capitalist system, including the Trump Administration.  They believe that anything that even remotely goes against their purposes is evil, and must be removed "by any means necessary".  This includes their support of violent behavior, and injuring or killing anyone who stands in their way.  That attitude has gone so far as to pervert our towns and neighborhoods.  It is a sad day when you realize this; that your hometown is no longer the local community that you grew up in.  That's what has happened to Fairfield; as Bruce Springsteen once sang, "welcome to the new world order", I guess.  Quoting him again, "take a good look around...this is your hometown".  


© 2017 Matt B


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on December 2, 2017
Last Updated on December 2, 2017