Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Minyonka

The next day, Toshiro and I walked to the nearby park. It was a bright, sunny day with only a few clouds in the sky.The weather was perfect. When we arrived, Toshiro immediately ran towards the jungle gym and climbed into it while I sat on a park bench. A smile broke across my features as I watched him weave in and out of the different parts. After a few minutes, I could see him running along side another little boy. He had short brown hair, dark eyes and soft features. As they both went down the slide, a child could be seen on the other boy’s chest.

“Come on, Daisuke,” Toshiro called as he ran to another part of the playground.

 

“Don’t go too far, Shiro-chan,” I said with a smile. I’d never told Toshiro about my ability to see his ghostly friends, nor had he told me of his. I figured it was best for the time being.

 

“I won’t!”

 

He and Daisuke ran over to the monkey bars and began climbing into them. Their laughter echoed through the air and I found myself grinning at their antics. Toshiro had always be a very active child, as well as limber. After about twenty minutes, Daisuke stopped moving in his tracks. He screamed loudly and stumbled backwards, causing me to jump off the bench I’d been sitting on. If something frightened a spirit, it couldn’t be good. I was proven correct when I heard a shattering roar cry out, rattling my body.

 

“Toshiro, run!” Daisuke yelled, pushing my brother towards me. I quickly reach him and wrapped my arms around him. He was trembling in fear.

 

“M-Mina-chan,” he whispered, clutching my shirt.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked, trying to look him over.

 

“Run away! The monster will kill you!” Daisuke screamed, panic in his eyes.

 

Another roar came and a large beast leaped out of the trees, landing on the child spirit. Before anything could be done, Daisuke was devoured by the demon. My eyes widened in shock and fear as I stared at the disgusting creature. I could feel my stomach churning as Daisuke disappeared into its mouth. The beast was almost as tall as the trees and had a black body with a strange porcelain mask. Stranger still was the hole in the beast’s chest that seemed to have no affect on its health. It walked on all fours.

 

“What is that thing?” I whispered, my eyes still wide as my arms tightened around Toshiro. The creature roared once again and its beady, yellow eyes focused on my brother and me. As quickly as I could, I stood and whirled around, shoving Toshiro away from the beast.

 

“Mina-chan!” he screamed as he turned back around to see me. Just as he did, the black creature leapt on top of me and bit down on my right shoulder, causing pain to rip through the area. I screamed in agony as my blood poured from the wound and I was pressed under the weight of the beast.

 

“Toshiro, run away!” My brother shook his head, his teal eyes filled with tears. “Go!” My body trembled from the pain, but the monster jerked its head, tossing me forward. I landed on the ground, only a few feet in front of my brother.

 

“Nee-chan!” He dropped to his knees beside me, sobbing. The beast roared once again and I shakily forced myself off the ground. I pulled Toshiro close, holding him tightly.

 

“I won’t let anything happen to you, Shiro-chan,” I whispered, tears falling from my eyes.

 

Toshiro buried his head into my shoulder, causing my blood to stain his snowy hair. I heard the creature leap into the air and an overwhelming fear coursed through my veins as I squeezed my eyes shut. Seconds later, rather than feeling the weight of the beast, I heard a loud crash as it landed even farther away. My body began trembling even more, now from sudden fatigue, and I could feel myself slipping out of consciousness. I looked down to see Toshiro still safe and breathed a sigh of relief.

 

“Someone, call an ambulance!” a male voice yelled and I noticed it sounded vaguely familiar. Before I had a chance to dwell on it, though, my body fell forward and I blacked out.



© 2009 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Straight to the point, there could of been a little bit more info on Mina though, but keep up the good work

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Added on October 28, 2009
Last Updated on October 28, 2009


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka