Chapter 29

Chapter 29

A Chapter by Minyonka

 

“Aizen’s going to pay for this,” a familiar voice growled. “I’ll kill him myself.” It was Toshiro’s voice. How had he found me? Was I dead and being transported to the Soul Society?
 
“Just make sure to let me take a crack at him too,” another male voice, Renji, added. It wounded as though he was speaking through clenched teeth. I could tell they were angry.
 
“That guy nearly killed her.” This time it was Tsume. It was then I felt warmth washing over me and a slight discomfort as something shifted inside.
 
“Well, at least he’s been taken care of,” Ichigo answered.
 
“It’s a good thing you found her in time,” Orihime said. She sounded nearest me. With a soft groan, I forced my eyes to slowly open, only to be blinded by a bright, orange light. I scowled and squeezed my eyes shut.
 
“Minako?” someone asked. It was Ichigo again.
 
“Am I dead?” I asked weakly. My voice was groggy and my words slurred. Someone chuckled, though I couldn’t recognize who.
 
“Damn near. How’re you feeling?”
 
“Like I was hit by a bus.”
 
I cracked my eyes open again and was able to see the source of the bright light around me. Orihime was sitting beside me, healing my wounds. Toshiro, Renji and Ichigo were gathered around me as well, all in their Soul Reaper uniforms. Tsume stood a little farther back, holding his arm. They all looked relieved to see me conscious.
 
“We almost lost you,” Tsume said. “Mr. Hamato freaked out when you lost consciousness.”
 
“How is Tsume? Was he hurt by that Arrancar? What does the think of the whole situation?” I asked frantically.
 
“Calm down,” Renji answered. “He’s not hurt and he doesn’t even remember what happened. Rukia exchanged his memory.”
 
“She… did what?”
 
“He doesn’t know what happened. For all he remembers, you were hit by a bus.”
 
“Or something too farfetched to be believable to anyone else,” Ichigo muttered. I shook my head slowly, not bothering to try and understand. My head still hurt from before.
 
“What about Silvino?” I asked.
 
“Dead,” Renji answered simply. “We made sure of that.”
 
“You’re lucky Tsume was there,” Toshiro said. “If he hadn’t pushed you away from the first attack, you would’ve been dead. He was able to distract the Arrancar long enough for us to get to you.”
 
“Tsume, how are you?” I asked.
 
“A little beat up, but no worse for wear,” he answered with a smile.
 
“I’m sorry I couldn’t help. Even my strongest attack did nothing to him.”
 
“We kind of expected that,” Ichigo answered.
 
“Huh?”
 
“None of us really thought you could handle an Arrancar on your own. Not at this point, at least. You’d need a lot more training.”
 
“So, I’m worthless is what you’re telling me?”
 
“Not at all. Your strength just doesn’t lie in attacking Arrancar directly.”
 
“Then how could I help if Aizen will be sending Arrancar after us?”
 
“When he finally comes himself, there’s a good chance he may bring an army of Hollows with him, or weaker Arrancar,” Renji answered. “You can take out multiple Hollows at once, if you’re angry enough.” Toshiro scowled and stood abruptly, leaving the room. I stared after him and heard a couple of the others sigh.
 
“Is he okay?” I asked.
 
“He’s worried about you,” Ichigo answered.
 
“Really?”
 
“You’re his sister. He may be back to his old self, but he formed a bond with you in the past ten years. Nothing can erase that.”
___________________________________________________________
 
Toshiro sat outside the door to Kisuke Urahara’s shop, just beneath the overhang. He stared out at the darkening sky, the scowl still tugging at his lips. The door opened from behind and he turned to see his lieutenant nearing.
 
“What is it, Matsumoto?” he asked, turning his attention back to the setting sun.
 
“Minako’s expected to make a full recovery,” she answered, wrapping one arm under her bust to hold her opposite arm.
 
“I know.” Silence remained between them for a few moments as the sun fully set. A cool breeze brushed by, causing goosebumps to rise on Matsumoto’s skin. She sighed softly.
 
“We’re going to put an end to Aizen this time around.”
 
“But will she live long enough for it? Aizen’s going to be attacking more. It’s only a matter of time before he comes.”
 
“She was able to raise you, Captain. She’s a strong woman.”
 
“I fear she won’t be strong enough.”


© 2009 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on December 8, 2009


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka