Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A Chapter by Minyonka

I pressed my fingers to Renji’s forehead, pushing his head back, and held a couple tissues to his bleeding nose. Rangiku Matsumoto, as I had come to know the woman as, had been less than pleased when she’d heard the news of my brother’s capture. She’d caught Renji with a quick right fist, knocking him into the wall and quite possibly breaking his nose. Rangiku’s arms were crossed in front of her as she glared harshly at Renji.

“You told me you wouldn’t let anything happen to him,” she growled.
 
“It’s not my fault they sent and Espada!” Renji yelled, taking the tissues from me and holding them himself.
 
“You know how important the captain is!” My brow furrowed in confusion. Captain? Were they actually talking about Toshiro, a ten-year-old boy?
 
“Why are you calling him captain?” I asked.
 
“You didn’t tell them?!” Ichigo sighed softly from where he sat and Renji growled.
 
“We didn’t think it was necessary they knew,” Kisuke answered, glancing up from under his wide-brimmed hat.

“It’s likely the reason he was taken. Don’t you think she should know now?” Rangiku argued.
 
“Know what?” I asked. I didn’t understand anything that was going on. It felt like I was right back where I started with this Soul Reaper business.
 
“Your brother is the reincarnation of a Gotei 13 captain. He led the Tenth Division,” Kisuke answered. “His name was Toshiro Hitsugaya and he was killed in battle ten years ago.” I placed a hand on my forehead with a soft sigh, closing my eyes.
 
“Out of all of you, who knew this?”
 
“Everyone,” Ichigo answered honestly. “Uryuu had brought it up first, suspecting it. When we all saw him ourselves, we knew he was the same Toshiro we knew from the Soul Society.”
 
“Why didn’t any of you tell me? Kisuke, is this why you thought protecting Toshiro would be top priority?”
 
“Yes. Your brother’s reincarnation caused an imbalance between the Living World and the Soul Society because he retained his spiritual pressure. Aizen was after him because of that.”
 
“And you didn’t think it necessary for me to know that because…”
 
“Because you either wouldn’t have believed us or you would’ve panicked.” I couldn’t argue with him. I probably would have been more worried about Toshiro. Of course, it didn’t matter much now.
 
“How long do you plan on sitting here, waiting?” Rangiku demanded.
 
“We have to wait for the… what’s it called?” I asked, turning to Uryuu.
 
“Reishihenkanki,” he supplied.
 
“Soul Reapers don’t have to,” Rangiku answered and my eyes narrowed.
 
“Then why are we waiting around?” I demanded.
 
“We’re not sending four people to face an army, especially with Rukia in her condition,” Kisuke answered firmly.
 
It was one of the rare moments he was too serious to argue against. I nodded slowly, my eyes dropping to the floor. I hadn’t been thinking of anything but my brother. I hadn’t considered what my new friends would be against if they were to go to the place Arrancar called home. It would be a suicide mission.
 
“In the next week, we’re going to continue your training, but more. We’re going to try to improve your control,” Ichigo explained. “You’ll need to cancel your appointments this week.”

 
“After tomorrow. I can’t blow off Kaname again. I’m finally making progress with him and if I blow him off, he’ll never open up to me again,” I answered. Ichigo nodded reluctantly and looked over at Kisuke.
 
“You’ll start tomorrow after work,” he said.
 
“Thank you.”
 
“Go home and rest. You’ll need your energy. Renji, go with her.”
 
“Don’t think I’m done with you, Renji,” Rangiku warned as we left the shop.
 
“Don’t worry, Minako. Your brother will be fine. If Aizen wanted him dead, he wouldn’t have taken him to Hueco Mundo,” Renji said, resting a hand on my shoulder.
 
“That doesn’t make me feel any better, Renji,” I murmured, my hands clenched into fists at my side.


© 2009 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on November 13, 2009


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka