Verse 1:  Achilles Heel

Verse 1: Achilles Heel

A Chapter by Glen Yumang Manese


Achilles Heel

 

Fly again, what a glorious moment to escape imprisonment.

Take off runway at the speed of light to be pure energy.

Build contraption travels from place to place is ideal answer.

Know not why some impossibility stands still for the moment.

They can touch sky and empty realm around circumference.

Brilliant minds converse about moon and desolate red planet of dust.

Reach for something they cannot, but a thinking cap of reasoning.

Laughter or tears with hours in calculation of the next big bang theory.

All in due time will answer possibilities that question.

There are two parts to human anatomy of matter and spirit.

Mind is a beautiful organ to waste here on a small life-giving entity.

Life must trade for life and death is just a brief corridor to free soul.

Science questions for facts and my belief is a higher power to eternity.

Achilles heel disrupt for now all parables in a better way of life.

Technology of human intervention is toys to the toddler.

Dreams are expansive to the heavens and limited to isolation.

Enjoy-in the vivid colors of mastery called a universe.

Matter is right in front of you to know a world of ours.

Pegasus wings are on two feet, but man made from creative mind.

Do not say to do nothing, but understand human ethics. 



© 2016 Glen Yumang Manese


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Life must trade for life and death is just a brief corridor to free soul."

There is such hope in this line...This is an impressive write on mind and matter...We as a race are unique in that our minds are indestructible, our essence lives on out of our bodies!


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

9 Years Ago

thanks again...
DIVYA

9 Years Ago

You are welcome!



Reviews

"Life must trade for life and death is just a brief corridor to free soul."

There is such hope in this line...This is an impressive write on mind and matter...We as a race are unique in that our minds are indestructible, our essence lives on out of our bodies!


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

9 Years Ago

thanks again...
DIVYA

9 Years Ago

You are welcome!
The last line.....killer. Home run here. It's like you want to be a classicist but your too modern for that.well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

9 Years Ago

I see you come back --- with a wit of your own...thanks for the review and time...
Beautifully written; it provokes one to ponder what is written

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

KR --- thanks for the feedback...and your time...
Kellyrose

10 Years Ago

you're welcome
Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

If you liked this one...and like a longer read --- have at it with: Astrological...
I like the pace and flow here - much like the thought patterns I see myself going through that are seemingly random yet connected in overall scope. True to the mind that we so much see as chaos when we introspect upon ourselves, this speaks to the process we all go through.

Reminds me of some of my disjointed pieces and part of Chuck Palahniuk novels I adore.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

WI --- I will have to take a brief look into his work: Chuck Palahniuk...a quick google...I'm surte .. read more
I love things that really make me think. This does just that. Beautiful words

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

Thanks for your time and review...yes...the importance of in depth --- thought process is present...
I felt like flying out to another time and galaxy, with very tranquil light and full of music. this space is endless and the deep philosophy can be felt well, when you are so high there and view all from above...Really many questions to think, in the same time all is so clear in front of my eyes. Beautifully described.♥
My favorite verses:
Mind is a beautiful organ to waste here on a small life-giving entity.
Life must trade for life and death is just a brief corridor to free soul.

My favorite dream is when I fly...

:: n.nour ::
::02.03.14::

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

Thanks for your time and review --- Sugar Plum --- I wish to fly myself...and I like those lines you.. read more
Very reflective and introspective, though there is a slight lack of emotion in this piece. Beautiful imagery and imagination, but nothing in the scope this work to "tug at the reader's heart"... Very good...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

Thanks for you time and review...this as I said to Fabian below...is a perceived notion...yet more a.. read more
I like this piece. It touches on science and imagination. One of my favorite quotes by Albert Einstein is "Imagination is more important than knowledge." And I completely agree. Knowledge only tells us what IS. Imagination inspires us to DREAM of what COULD BE... Your wording is phrased like someone who has not known English as a primary language in the home...it is a cultural keynote but I found the wording more endearing for the phraseology. It lends the words and observations within the piece a bit of cultural flavor. And the seasoning is just right.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

Fabian --- thanks for your time and review...I wanted to give the reader an expansion of what is per.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13263 Views
9 Reviews
Added on March 1, 2014
Last Updated on March 10, 2016
Tags: Achilles Heel, Luna &the Ra

LUNA & THE RA: COLLECTION OF VERSES ~ SHADOWS HIT ILLUMINATION


Author

Glen Yumang Manese
Glen Yumang Manese

Follow me at Twitter tag: @GlenManese, St. Petersburg/Pittsburgh/Makati, Philippines



About
Me in a nutshell: I am currently, done with my first book of verses: The Onyx - Vena Amoris. Friesen Press finished in December and is out for release before the holidays at the end of the year 20.. more..

Writing