Thoughts. June 8, 2010.

Thoughts. June 8, 2010.

A Poem by GunMetal
"

True Story.

"

The salesman

was matching his footsteps to dozens of strangers around him.

He was good at a step matching.

He had learned it from rain tapping.

Recreating the sound with his fingertips,

running at the moments he could not hold on to anymore.


Heel catching,

he stops in the middle of the steady mall stampede.

Potential customer.

Potential customer.

He sees everyone’s eyes.

Possible commission.

Split second spenders.

He relies on the pockets of strangers.


He started step matching me.

I could see it.

I know the look.

He tapped forward and said,

“Hey!-”

“Nope.”

Quick answer.

I’m good at that.

© 2010 GunMetal


Author's Note

GunMetal
This was in my blog, but I figured, what the hell, I'll post it here. I haven't posted anything in a while. As always, hope you enjoy.
Note: the format looks ok on Chrome and Firefox, but on Internet Explorer it's kinda off.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The format for this works just right! I think the "Hey..." may seem a little more realistic with maybe an enthusiactic, "Hey!-" and he gets cut off, but maybe I'm picturing a different salesman. Most all of us have experienced this moment, so the poem is both easy to relate to and enjoyable. Good job :).

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Running at the moments he could not hold onto anymore"....I can always count on every piece of your work having a line that stands out and just glows. This, for me, was it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Now this I love because it's unique and the format is amazing. Beautifully written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this. It has a very calm and realistic feel to it. I like the emphasis of the step-matching. Even when he's walking up to you, you say "He tapped forward". Very creative, very intriguing. Nice work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i really like it! and i dont think the guy should be enthused when he says "Hey!..." but i really like it. its puts you in the mind of the stealer. :D and i love the ending very funny :d nice work

Posted 13 Years Ago


This reminded me of the people at my local mall who try to chase you down to hand our Chinese food menus and coupons lol nice write. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


The funny thing is, anyone who's been out of the house can relate, sometimes you don't even have to do that. But sometimes it's really sad when you turn down a salesman if he's nice. Some are total jerks though. lol. I love your flow, and the imagery is really nice.

Posted 13 Years Ago


That is really cool. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Since i work in retail i can appreciate this poem. It makes me want to snap my fingers when i read this. Nice work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The format for this works just right! I think the "Hey..." may seem a little more realistic with maybe an enthusiactic, "Hey!-" and he gets cut off, but maybe I'm picturing a different salesman. Most all of us have experienced this moment, so the poem is both easy to relate to and enjoyable. Good job :).

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is pretty kool i like it

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

1283 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2010
Last Updated on July 13, 2010

Author

GunMetal
GunMetal

Wish You Were Here, Alta Loma, CA



About
First off, if you have a Tumblr, feel free to follow me with the link up there next to my picture. Also, My Twitter. ------------------------------------------------- Find me somehow. My name .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Open Arms Open Arms

A Poem by A.Lee


My drawing My drawing

A Poem by O!


Fear Fear

A Poem by HorrorMaster