Ch. 1

Ch. 1

A Chapter by Havatara
"

-

"

 It was Monday. Rosemary was standing outside in the fresh morning air. The sun was blinding, so she shielded her eyes with a fan that looked like it came from China. She was wearing her school uniform, and headed off to school, her book bag dragging on the ground.

“If only I wasn’t so abnormal in human eyes. They maybe I would have some friends to walk to school with,” said Rosemary. She gave a miserable sigh and continued on her way, deciding to take a shortcut through an alleyway.

She walked out onto the street at the worst time. Michael, a kid in her grade, and Leginivo, a twelve-year-old, were fighting, and coming straight towards her. Leginivo’s nose was bleeding, but Michael only had a few bruises.

It was a good thing Rosemary was fast. She was able to dodge into the shadows just in time before they knocked her over. The boys tumbled past, leaving a few drops of blood behind.

Rosemary stepped out of the shadows and touched the blood. It seemed to soak into her skin, and she didn’t seem to think that it was a bit strange, as other people would. She started walking to the the middle school a few blocks away.

She was almost to the corner that she had to turn onto when she heard a voice behind her say, “Rosemary, wait for me!”

Rosemary turned to find Sarah, a little eleven-year-old fifth grader running towards her. Sarah was waving vigorously, and Rosemary expected her arm to fall off one of these days if she keeps waving like that.

“Hi Sarah. Did you have a good weekend?” Rosemary asked as politely as she could, even though she was a bit annoyed with Sarah for always being at her side when she wanted to think.

“I guess my weekend was okay. Can I walk with you?” Sarah asked. She had to walk fast to keep up with Rosemary, who was striding so she wouldn’t be late.

“Not all the way. I have to go sooner that you do. I’m in the eighth grade at the middle school, and you have to go a little farther to the elementary school,” 
explained Rosemary.

“Next year I’ll be in sixth grade, and I’ll be at the middle school, too. I can’t wait for us to be in the same school,” Sarah piped in.

“But we won’t be at the same school,” said Rosemary.

“Why not? I’ll be going to the middle school, won’t you?” Sarah asked, now dragging her heavy book bag on the ground.

“No. I’ll be at the high school, with the rest of my class. I’ll be in ninth grade,” Rosemary explained, again.

“When will be in the same school again?” Sarah asked.

“When I’m in the twelfth grade and you’re in the ninth. That’s it.”

Rosemary turned the corner before Sarah got to say good-bye, or more importantly, ask another question. Rosemary walked another block in silence and then turned to walk up the stairs to the school building.

“Rosemary.”

Rosemary saw a sixth grader walking towards her. He looked a bit nervous, like he was waiting for someone to laugh in his face. But he saw Rosemary looking at him strange and changed to an expression that she couldn’t read.

“Do you know Sarah? She’s a fifth grader.”

“Yes. We walked to school together today. What do you want to know about her? And while you’re at it, what’s your name?” Rosemary squinted at him. It was the boy that had been fighting with Michael earlier that day.

“I’m Leginivo. And I was just wondering if you knew who she was. That’s all. I’ll see you around. Later,” he said. He turned and walked to the basement where the sixth grade lockers were.

Rosemary shook her head, trying to forget that what just happened was weird, and walked up another flight of stairs to the eight grade lockers, and then to class.

~ * ~ * ~

Later that day, Rosemary saw Sarah and Leginivo walking past her house. They were talking and holding hands, and Rosemary didn’t want them to see her.

Rosemary hurried to her bed and sat back on it. She then held up her hand, and a red rose crippled out of her finger. On the side of the rose was the name ‘Leginivo.’

Rosemary smiled and dropped the rose. As soon as the rose touched the bed, it vanished. Rosemary widened her grin, and then looked towards the window.

Outside, you could hear Sarah and Leginivo talking. They were laughing, and had no idea that they were being watched from a distant eye or two.

“What’s this?” Sarah asked. She picked up the rose that Rosemary had just created and looked at it with awe.

“It says my name on it,” said Leginivo. Just realizing something, he blushed until even his ears were red.

“Did you mean for me to get this? Did you? If you did, it would be really sweet,” Sarah told him. Leginivo turned an even darker shade of red.

“I, uh, it’s . . . ” he started.

“Awwww, puppy dog love,” said Michael, who had just appeared behind them. Leginivo was scarlet by now.

“Michael!” both Leginivo and Sarah cried, Sarah now blushing, too.

“Michael,” said a strict voice. Rosemary quickly sat up off of her bed and ran to the window. She just had to she who the voice belonged to.

Outside was tense, especially Michael. He’s the only person who knew who the person was. He went white as a sheet. It was his older sister, Anna. She was seventeen and thought she knew everything.

“Why are you tormenting these poor little children? It’s just not right for you to do that,” said Anna.

“They knew I was just kidding around. Nothing more. Right, you two munch kins?” Michael asked Leginivo and Sarah.

“Yeah. Sure. Whatever,” replied Leginivo.

“And besides, they aren’t children. He’s twelve, and she’s eleven,” said Michael. He looked at his sister and waited for a response.

And she gave him one, “They are children, and so are you.”

“I’m not a kid! I’m fourteen, a teenager! They’re more of a kid than I am!” Michael protested.

“Your age may say that you are a teenager, but at heart and mind, you are a child. Especially mind,” said Anna.

“Why you! I’m telling mom!”

Rosemary reclined on her bed. Everything was all right. For the moment, at least. And she didn’t have to worry about anything.



© 2009 Havatara


Author's Note

Havatara
If you want faster updates on this story, please go to my website avampirestory.webs.com. Thank you for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's ok...i guess!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 7, 2009


Author

Havatara
Havatara

The Town That Moved, St. Louis County, MN (aka Hicksville), MN



About
My birthday is November 12, 1994. I was born and raised in Minnesota and am loving it, despite the mosquitoes and the six month winter. It would be AMAZING if you reviewed something of mine if I r.. more..

Writing
Me and You Me and You

A Poem by Havatara


Nightdemons Nightdemons

A Poem by Havatara