Ch. 38

Ch. 38

A Chapter by Havatara

Ch. 38

“Come in,” they heard a voice call. The door swung open, and Miss Darkness stood before them. She was smiling. Behind her they could see Lord Batwings sitting in a chair, with a grand portrait of a man behind him Rosemary immediately recognized his as Adolph Hitler.

Lord Batwings smiled when he saw where his granddaughter’s eyes fell. “Your grandmother and I like his main ideas. To get rid of an unnecessary race. But you know how we are. We don’t just settle for one small, group of people. No. We want an entire species. Humans, to be precise. Without them, we wouldn’t have to hide any longer.
Wouldn’t that be nice?” Lord Batwings asked.

“Our secret is already exposed, in case you haven’t noticed. Humans accepted us just the way we are. There already is nothing to fear,” Rosemary replied calmly.

Lord Batwings laughed a wheezy laugh. “Too bad you’re too late. I’m already saving my energy to cast the spell, if I can find it. Which I will. Soon, oh very soon, the entire human race will be gone. All gone! And the vampires will reign supreme, just like they did at the dawn of time, before the humans drove us into hiding with their fire.”

“Nice speech. Too bad it cost you your life!” Rosemary took out her dagger and cast it, but just before it hit him, the attack was intervened. They saw Miss Darkness standing there, holding two katanas.

Lord Batwings was still smiling as he said calmly, “This is why I married her. She’s quick on her feet. Isn’t it fascinating?”

“Yes, it’s adorable,” Rosemary grumbled. She brought her dagger back and waited.

After a few minutes, Lord Batwings asked, “What are you waiting for? Why aren’t you attacking me?” He wasn’t exactly used to fighting a person who didn’t fight back.

Rosemary smiled and said, “I’m waiting for one of you to attack. I’m not going to waste my energy attacking useless attacks. Go ahead. Try to attack me. I’m not going to go for you when Grandmother here is going to stop all of my attacks.”

Lord Batwings thought about it for a minute. Then he smiled. “Okay then. You will fight your grandmother in all out battle, and I will watch. How does that sound?”

Rosemary stared grumpily at him, but nodded. She knew she couldn’t argue with him. He wasn’t much stronger than her, but he had the mind of a military general. He was a military general, in World War II. Lord Batwings smiled, and gestured to Miss Darkness to begin.

Again, like with Rosemary and Veripema, there were a frenzy of actions where Michael couldn’t follow. He heard quite a few hisses, a couple growls, and a cry in agony. He didn’t know who was hurt, but he didn’t interfere. He just watched. But something caught his eye. He saw Lord Batwings slowly sneak out, with the book at hand.

“Rosemary! Your grandfather! He’s going to cast the spell!” Michael called. Lord Batwings dashed through the door. Rosemary stopped where she was. Her grandmother limped on after Lord Batwings with incredible speed.

Without pausing another second Rosemary grabbed Michael and ran out the door. They followed Miss Darkness to the very top of the tower. There he was, inside a shield, holding the book open. Rosemary tried to run through the shield to him, but she just bounced back off of it. “Kasa! It’s no use!” she yelled. She sat down, thinking.

Lord Batwings laughed and started to read:
“The moon is full,
Twilight past.
Blood is fresh,
For us to last.
Never fear,
The human kind.
You can tear,
At their mind.
Drink up much,
Oh vampire man.
Live as long,
As you can.”

He waited. The time passed by slowly. Tension building. Fear rising. Anticipation growing.

Nothing happened.

“What’s wrong? Why isn’t it working?!” Lord Batwings smashed the nearest section of the castle with a spear, his weapon. Rosemary laughed at him, and he turned to glare at her. Michael cringed away from him, but Rosemary walked forward.

“I can’t believe it doesn’t say on the spell. You need to sacrifice the thing you love most to do this spell. That’s probably being alive for you. The spell won’t work for you. It will work for Miss Darkness, but she has to kill you for it to work for her. Didn’t I tell you?” Rosemary laughed evilly, and for once she sounded like a vampire.

Lord Batwings growled and attacked her. This fight was faster than ever, and growls erupted every second that they fought. Miss Darkness was just about to attack Michael when someone in a hooded cloak came and stopped her.

“Thou shalt not harm him, fine lady,” the man said. He drew his claymore sword and stepped in front of Michael.

“Thou shalt move out of my way!” Miss Darkness replied. The man pushed Michael out of the way and started fighting Miss Darkness.

Unable to do anything with his time, Michael crawled over to where the book was laying. He remembered that he had packed a box of matches and took one out. He lit it, and set it on top of the book.

Everything happened in slow motion then. The book caught on flames and burned into a small pile of ashes. Seeing the book, Lord Batwings went over to it, howling in rage. Seeing her chance, Rosemary took her mother’s bottle of long lasting sleeping potion and poured it in his mouth. Then she threw it to the other vampire, who poured it into Miss Darkness’s mouth. They both fell to the ground.

It was over. They had won.


© 2010 Havatara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on August 19, 2010
Last Updated on August 19, 2010


Author

Havatara
Havatara

The Town That Moved, St. Louis County, MN (aka Hicksville), MN



About
My birthday is November 12, 1994. I was born and raised in Minnesota and am loving it, despite the mosquitoes and the six month winter. It would be AMAZING if you reviewed something of mine if I r.. more..

Writing
Me and You Me and You

A Poem by Havatara


Nightdemons Nightdemons

A Poem by Havatara