Ch. 39

Ch. 39

A Chapter by Havatara

Ch. 39

Rosemary stood still, waiting for something bad to happen. But nothing did. Nothing was going to happen anymore. She ran over to Michael and threw him up in the air. She was smiling.

“Whoa! Hey! Will you give a guy some kind of warning before you do something like that?” Michael asked grumpily. But Rosemary didn’t hear him. She was laughing too hard.

But she soon caught sight of the other vampire, who was watching them. She walked over to them and said, “It’s good to see you again, Ylati. Thank you for your help. How are you these days?”

“I’m good. It’s good to see you again, too,” Ylati replied. Michael just noticed that he had a heavy Italian accent. Michael walked over to them and looked inquiringly at Rosemary, who chuckled.

“Ylati, this is Michael, a friend of mine. Michael, this is Ylati, my would be fiancé,” Rosemary said calmly. Michael choked.

“Fiancé? You’re engaged?” Michael asked, alarmed.

Rosemary laughed. “No, we’re not. We were supposed to be, but then his parents found out that my grandparents were evil and wanted nothing to do with them.”

“But now my parents have changed their mind. They want me to be engaged with you again, but this time, since your grandparents are dead, you have a say in it. I’m warning you, if you say no to my proposal, war will be upon you all,” Ylati said calmly.

“What do you mean?” Rosemary asked.

“I mean that my parents want to be more than the ‘duke’ of the vampires. They want to be king and queen. If I marry you, then they’ll be in power. If not, they’ll get an army of their own and attack you until you say yes,” Ylati warned.

Rosemary smiled. “I think I’ll take that chance.”

“What?”

“I’m saying no to your proposal. Sorry.”

“That’s absurd! Do you have any idea how strong my parents are?”

Rosemary’s voice hardened when she said, “Do you have any idea how strong I am? I’m not a clumsy four-year-old anymore, Ylati. I can fend for myself. Now leave here before I make you!” Rosemary picked Ylati up and threw him in the air. He had just enough time to get his wings out and fly away.

“You’ll pay for this, Bloodrose! You will pay!” was the last thing that they heard him call.

Rosemary shrugged. She picked up Michael and her grandparents and ran to the front of the castle, where they saw the others huddling in a circle. Susan looked up and cried, “Rosemary!” The others then looked and ran over to her.

“Oh, Rosemary! I’m so glad you’re okay. What happened? Are you hurt? Is Michael okay? We were so worried!” Susan said, hugging her half-sister.

Rosemary croaked, “Can’t. Breath. Blacking. Out.” Susan laughed and let go. When she had her breathe back, Rosemary said, “We’re fine. I gave our grandparents my mother’s sleeping potion. I’ve already contacted the group leaving for Saturn to the Vampire Evil Control Center. They’re on their way here now.”

“Um, where’s Anna?” Michael asked. The group stayed quiet, but he could see a figure on the ground behind them. He hurried over there to find her unconscious.

“Anna? Anna!” Michael cried. He leaned his head on her and wept, but then he heard her say, “Michael, your head is heavy. Get off!” He yelped in joy and hugged her. “Ow!” everyone heard her say.

“Anna!” Bodoleck cried. He ran over to her and hugged her, much more gently than Michael did.

“Hello. What did I miss?” she asked him.

“Oh, nothing much. Just complete anxiety over what was happening to Rosemary and Michael. It’s over now. We won. We can all go home now,” Bodoleck whispered. Anna smiled and stood up, with the aid of Bodoleck. He took out his wings and picked her up. The rest of the vampires followed suit. Four vampires from the VECC came and took Miss Darkness and Lord Batwings away. They all flew off.

When they got home a group was waiting for them, and it included half of the ninth and sixth grades.

“Are you guys okay? What happened? Will you tell us?” they heard a chorus of voices say. Rosemary shook her head and walked over to the ashes that was her house. She muttered, “Riaper.” The house returned to normal, and she walked inside. The crowd slowly disappeared, and they were left in piece.

Everything was as it should be.


© 2010 Havatara


Author's Note

Havatara
Second to last chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

162 Views
Added on August 19, 2010
Last Updated on August 19, 2010


Author

Havatara
Havatara

The Town That Moved, St. Louis County, MN (aka Hicksville), MN



About
My birthday is November 12, 1994. I was born and raised in Minnesota and am loving it, despite the mosquitoes and the six month winter. It would be AMAZING if you reviewed something of mine if I r.. more..

Writing
Me and You Me and You

A Poem by Havatara


Nightdemons Nightdemons

A Poem by Havatara