Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Heartful5160


     I relaxed myself in my bed and went to sleep. My phone started vibrating and ringing off my body, telling me that there was a call that I should answer. It was Jake. I need to tell him. It’s burning inside of me. I need to tell him what’s going on. I answered the phone call, nervously,” Hello?”

“ Hey, I thought you wouldn’t pick up,” he said. “ I’m sorry. But I need to talk to you. I rather do it in person, though.”

“ So it must be pretty bad, right?”

“Let’s just say a lot of things have happened after you left. A lot of things. I’ve been riding on an emotional rollercoaster.”

“ What do you mean?”

“I’ll tell you about it the next time that I see you. I think that it would just be better if we talked about in person. Face to face, you know?” I suggested.

“ Yeah, sure.” I knew on that other side of that phone, he was frustrated. I could tell by the tone in his voice.

“But hey, I really need to get some sleep. I’m glad you called, though. Thanks for checking in on me. Bye,” I knew I was rude for hanging up on him for that. I didn’t even say I love you, but at this moment was there even anymore love for him and this relationship?


     The dream was too much to handle. I woke up in a sweat and tears running down my face. It seems like crying has become a big part of my life lately and really I’m getting pretty sick and tired of crying. My eyes hurt and I’m having non-stop headaches. My mom and Jake and Greg came into play in my dream or actually I wouldn’t call it a dream, it was more like a nightmare. I hope they really don’t play out to be, though. Jake, Greg, and my mother all came after me. They were wanting to get revenge on me. Jake, because I didn’t want him anymore, I wanted Josh. Greg and my mother, because they found out that I told my dad about her and Greg. It was like they all came in an army, after me and my father. So, we ran and ran, and eventually some how we ended up out of Arkansas and into some other state. I guess it was quite the nightmare then. I can honestly say I haven’t had one of those in awhile.


     As I was cleaning up around the house, I heard the doorbell ring. I went to answer it and from the glass that was placed in the door, it looked like a manly figure. I opened the door and there stood Jake. What in the world? Why was he here? “Well, hey to you to,” he said. I was shocked and I felt like I couldn’t move, “Sorry, hey. I was just cleaning up the house. I wasn’t expecting you to be here.”

“ Well, I am. May I come in?”

“ Yeah,” I opened the door and let him in. I lead him into the kitchen, “ Would you like anything to drink?” I asked.

“Sure, just a cup of water would be okay,” he said. He sat down at the bar. As I was fixing his water, I was trying to put together in my head how I was going to bring the subject about, unless he brings it up first. I went and sat down next to him and thought for a second, then I just decided to tell him straight up what’s been going on, “ Well, why are you here?” I asked him.

“Because you said that you needed to talk to me about something and you said it would be better to talk about it in person, face to face. Quoted exactly.”

“ Yeah. So, when you left I had went grocery shopping for the dinner me and dad were going to have that night and I ran into someone. Devin,” I said, nervously.

“Devin? That drug head that did nothing but hurt you?” Well, I guess that was one way of putting it.

“ Yes. He gave me his number just in case I wanted to hang out and you know I thought that wouldn’t happen, because I’m not like that anymore. The same night dad came over I had a mental breakdown in the shower. After I got out of the shower is when you called me on Skype, right?” he nodded, “I didn’t answer it, because I didn’t want you to see me, because I was looking quite rough. Then the next day is when I called Devin and asked if he wanted to hang out and sorry to tell you this, but we smoked weed and drank. That’s not the worse thing that happened, though. It gets better. So, when I get to BJ’s house and by the way that’s Devin’s friend, we roll a blunt and get drunk. So, Devin takes me back to one of the back bedrooms and we almost had sex, but nothing happened, until I caught a glimpse of a shot.”

“ A shot?” he interrupted.

“ Yeah. I wasn’t being crazy either and I just wasn’t seeing things. It was like they were going to drug me and they did. They gave me Xanax. I woke up the next morning and found myself handcuffed to the bed. That BJ guy came in and he pulled a gun out on me  and threatened me. He told me that he was going to sell me out to his friends. Human trafficking, pretty much.”

“ Did you let them?”

“ Are you crazy right now? No!” I really couldn’t believe that he would think that. That he would think that I would just let those guys sell me to people that I don’t even know, “ There was only one good guy out of the whole situation. His name is Josh. He helped me escape and then he bought me a new phone, because they stole everything of mine. Then, I kind of developed feelings for him,” The words were like a sharp knife that I could be holding in my hand that was ready to take a stab. But for some odd reason it’s like it didn’t even matter to me. I didn’t care. The old me was back and I was scared of myself. “So, you fell for a guy that helped you escape from people that he hangs out with and bought you a phone? Yeah, that sounds about right,” he said, angrily.

“I couldn’t help it, Jake.”

“ Did ya’ll have sex?”

“ I won’t lie, we did,” He got up from the bar and walked to the front door, “ So where over?” I yelled to him.

“ Yeah we are. You cheated on me and had sex with a complete stranger. Yeah, I believe you blew it.”

“ Oh’ don’t act like your Mr.Innocent. You’re probably up there messing around with one of your secretary's, right?” I threw back.

“Oh’ don’t even go there with me. How dare you switch the tables on me. Do you want to know the real truth? I’ve been seeing this one girl for quite some time. She’s very sweet and faithful, nor like you. The only reason why I still stuck around was for your father. I love that man. He’s does nothing but good for you. He did nothing, but good for us.”

“ Then why are you still here? Why are you standing in front of me explaining? Just leave. Get out of my house, because really you were the cheater before I was the cheater, honey.” He left the house, leaving the pictures on the wall to shake. He slammed the door that hard.


    I didn’t know what to do now. Josh was mad at me, because I obviously didn’t know what I wanted, when deep down I did know what I wanted. I wanted him. His love and his care. So, you know what I did? I called him, “Josh can you please come over?” I asked.

“ Why? Have you figured out what you wanted?”

“Yes, yes. I want you Josh. You. I talked to Jake and found that he was cheating on me, way before everything happened. I mean come over if you like,” I mentioned.

“I’ll be over there in a little bit.”

“Okay,” I was so happy inside, because I was going to have him. His love and his care again. His lips touching mine and everything.

 

      

    


© 2015 Heartful5160


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on June 14, 2015
Last Updated on July 9, 2015


Author

Heartful5160
Heartful5160

Sherwood , AR



About
I'm a sixteen year old hard working writer and I enjoy writing every second. I love to give my opinion on things. I've written about three novels and trying to get them published. Please, if you have .. more..

Writing