Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Heartful5160

We walked to find that certain bench that we always sat on when it came to this time, before he would have to leave to go back to New York. “ So, when is Caring for Nautingdale supposed to come out?” I asked.

“ Ummm, I believe it comes out next month. I saw a preview of it on T.V the other night, I think it was the night before I came down here,” he tried to remember.

“ Oh, OK. I thought it was like sometime this weekend, because I would have totally crushed your plans, babe.”

“ Naw’ you wouldn’t. Your family life and problems are more important than a romantic movie with me and you know that.”

“Babe you make me feel so little sometimes.”

“ What do you mean?” he wondered.

“ You just accept anything I throw at you. You take it with a flying bullet. You’re my hero, babe,” I blushed. I reached for arm and entangled it with mine.

“ I know,” From there I believe I made his head just a little bit bigger with that flattering comment. I looked out to the river and watched the river waters flow and rush. There was much more water in the river than ever, because of all the rain that we’ve had lately. All the bad storms and heavy rainfall. The water was just moving so fast. I don’t know I guess the fast pace life is becoming something important in my life. My life is moving too fast. I want it to slow down. I need it to slow down. I don’t want my parents serperated just yet.

“ What are you thinking about, Karenile?” Jake asked.

“ What?” he caught my attention and drug it back to Earth. Sometimes I find myself doing that sometimes.

“ What are you thinking about? You look like you’re deep into thought over there,” he pointed out. Man, he knows me too well, especially for someone that’s known me for only what eight years. No, actually that’s pretty well! I looked at him and smiled, “ Do you just not look at how fast our lives are flying by? I mean our lives aren’t that great. They say that time flies by when you’re having fun. Now, you know that our lives can’t be that fun, babe,” I related.

“ I see where you’re coming from. But I don’t know, Karenile,” he shook his head and looked out into the view of the river, “ If God wants us to go at this pace, then really we don’t have anyway of stopping it. We have to do what He wants us to do.”

“ I know, Jake. But it’s just hard to believe that time has flown by this fast. You’re going back to New York and my life is falling apart. I’m falling apart inside! You know I try to keep myself from thinking about it all, but it’s like there’s always something there to remind me about it all.”

“ You have to keep your mind on something else, babe. Now I’m kind of scared of leaving you here. You and me miles apart from each other. I don’t want you hurting yourself,” he said. I don’t know why he would think of me doing those kinds of things to myself, when he knows deep down I’m a strong girl. A strong person that knows how to fight the battles that was given to me for a reason. “ I’ll be fine, Jake. I wouldn’t hurt myself and you know that.”

“ You just have me worried, that’s all,” he said.

“ Well, trust me, I’m not going to do anything stupid. There’s no point.” He pulled out his phone to take a glance at the time, “ It’s almost time, babe.”

“ What?” I asked.

“ We need to get back to the house, so I can start to pack. You know me, it takes me awhile to get ready to pack and for me to make sure that all my things are well cleaned and tidy in my suitcase,” he interpreted.

“ Oh’ I know all about that. But you better be thankful for me cleaning your clothes and you not having to rush to get them cleaned this time. Last time was chaotic when you were starting to head out. I don’t think I could ever repeat that day,” I started laughing as I got up and grabbed his strong hand and we walked back to the car and left the river once again. But I knew that it would be there for the next time that we would come back. The next time that he would have to leave me.


      “ Are you sure you have everything you need?” I asked. My phone interrupted once again,

“ Hello?” I said through the phone.

“ Hey, it’s me again. Your mother.”

“ I know. Yes?” I guess you could say I didn’t really want to talk to her at the moment, “ I’m at the police station writing a statement on your father.”

“ You’re what?” I yelled.

“ Yes. Well, Greg thought it would be a good idea to write a statement about it. To make it easier to divorce him.” She sounded so evil. How could she do this to him? I looked over at Jake and he looked confused, so I put my the conversation on speaker for him to hear, “ Mom, why? That’s unnecessary,” I pleaded.

“ No it’s not. It makes perfect sense.” I shook my head and rolled my eyes in annoyance of her voice, “ Look mom, I have to go, bye.” I hung up the phone and got back to Jake and the packing. “ What was that all about?” he asked, as he was laying a folded polo shirt in the suitcase.

“ My mom being evil is what it was,” I sat down on the edge of the bed next to his suitcase and watched him fold the clothes neatly and place them in the suitcase.

“ Explain, please.”

“ Sorry. She’s just making my dad out to be something that he’s not. She’s seeing that guy down the street, right? Well, she agreed with Greg and thought it would be a good idea to write a statement on my dad, because she told me that my dad had hit her,” I explained.

“ What?” he looked up from his suitcase, “ I’m sorry, but I know I’ve known your dad a little too long and that doesn’t sound or seem like him,’” he said.

“ I know, babe. There’s something in the way that’s not making me believe her. I just can’t shake it, Jake. It doesn’t make sense,” I replied. I got up from the bed and he grabbed me in his arms,

“ Look, whatever happens, while I’m up there in New York, you know I’m just a phone or Skype call away and you know that, babe.”

“ I know. Don’t make me think about it too hard, now,” I joked.

“Alright then. Now, let’s get me to the airport, before I miss my flight,” he laughed at himself.


      When I pulled up to the airport and walked him in, we still had about thirty minutes left to spare, before his flight would depart. We sat down and he pulled out his phone, “ What are you doing?” I wondered.

“ Just checking the time,” he said.

“ We have about thirty minutes to do you know whatever,” he put his phone back in the pocket. He reached my hand and placed it in his. His hands were always something I never wanted to let go. Everytime when I place our hands together, I know that without a shadow of a doubt that he loves me and that he will always be there for me no matter what. “ When are you planning on talking to your dad about this? To get his side of the story?” he inquired.

“ May be I can get him over at my house tonight or probably we’ll just go and eat a nice dinner.”

“ Whatever you do, just tell him what’s on your mind. Your feelings about it all.”

“ I’m just scared that he’s going to freak out, you know? My dad really doesn't deserve all this heartache and pain.”

“ Exactly, Karenile, I can’t agree with you more. Just whatever you do, please contact me.”

“ I will.” Time started passing by pretty fast and from there Jake got up and pulled me close to him. “ At this time we are calling for flight 165” you could hear the intercom over all the loud thoughts rushing through my head.  I wrapped my arms around his neck and and looked into his sky blue eyes. A tear then started to fall down his cheek. “ Babe, why are you crying?” I asked.

“ I don’t want to leave you again. I’m so tired of leaving you,” he pointed out.

“ I’m tired of you having to leave me.”

“ I know. Time is coming when you’ll be able to come home with me.”

“ I know. I wish it would just hurry up. That’s something I want to happen.” He reached down to touch my lips with his. His lips were always so soft. I could never have anything bad to say about them! When he finally let go of me, he picked up his bag and held it in his hand. I stood back and started to watch him walk off, “ I love you,” he replied.

“ I love you, babe. Please be safe. When you get there, please call me either on Skype or phone call.”

“ I will, babe. I love you,” he said and he turned around and that was the last smile I might see, until tonight.













  


  

      



© 2015 Heartful5160


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good chapter. Nice conversation and I like the ending. You are given enough to keep the reader interested. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Heartful5160

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the kind reveiw!!! I love keeping the reader engaged into the story...I try to.. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
another great chapter :) it is turning into a great love story :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Heartful5160

8 Years Ago

Just wait till the twist comes my friend! It's going to get quite exciting! Thank you for the review.. read more
Justin

8 Years Ago

your welcome friend :) cant wait :)
Heartful5160

8 Years Ago

Me neither!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!

Stats

395 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 7, 2015
Last Updated on July 9, 2015


Author

Heartful5160
Heartful5160

Sherwood , AR



About
I'm a sixteen year old hard working writer and I enjoy writing every second. I love to give my opinion on things. I've written about three novels and trying to get them published. Please, if you have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Trapped Trapped

A Poem by Rama Masri