Someone's Watching(Part 5)

Someone's Watching(Part 5)

A Chapter by Holly O'Brien

After  school I went to track practice, it was a sure way to free my mind. I was glad Mrs. Lamar didn't suspend me, that way I didn't have to tell dad about the fight. However, I was to begin seeing a therapist by the name of Dr. Bree by the following week and I was not looking forward to it.

"Okay, one more lap and then you guys'll be done for today." Coach Spence announced.

There was just me and five other students, two girls including myself and three boys, one of them being Brian. Everyone was already prepping to leave and sighed in exhaustion before reluctantly setting off to make one final lap around the track. As I started jogging something caught my eye and I froze in my tracks. The blond new girl again. She was sitting on the bleachers with that book opened in her lap, but she wasn't writing. She had been watching me, and for a moment I boldly stared back at her wondering why she was there.

"Edwards, you have a lap to finish! Chop, chop...no slacking off on this team." Coach Spence loud voice ripped through my thoughts like scissors to paper.

The blond girl slightly smiled when I didn't look away and this gave me goosebumps. They were not good goosebumps either, but were only evidence of how uncomfortable I was becoming at the presence of this strange girl.

When I had completed my lap, I looked back at the bleachers but she was gone. Instead, Shawn was there with his face pressed up against the fence obviously ready to leave. There was really no reason for him to wait on me after school but he insisted, even though he always got restless waiting.

I washed up and met him and Brian at the front of the school where there were still a few students lingering about the campus.

"Come on man...you guys can ride with me." Brian was telling Shawn as he subtly winked at me. I looked away from him in disgust.

There she was again just a few feet away from us. This time her eyes were buried in her book...she was scribbling down something with great passion in the movement of her hand. Maybe I should say hi I thought. Before I could raise a foot I heard Shawn call my name.

"Sheena, Brian's bringing the car around. We're going with him." He said. He acted like dad a lot and sometimes I even forgot he was just my brother.

"Shawn, have you seen her around before?" I asked him pointing to the blond girl. I knew he had details on every girl at school.

When he saw who I was referring to, his neck stiffened. For a while he only looked and I immediately thought he must have had some kind of crush on the girl.

"Well...?" I said half smiling.

"W-Why do you wanna know?" He stuttered.

"Pshhh...relax cheese ball, you're giving yourself a wedgie..." I joked.

"Why do you wanna know Sheena?" He demanded more aggressively gripping my arm.

"Because..." I said looking at him a bit stunned as I yanked away. "I keep seeing her everywhere, and today at practice she was watching me. I don't know why..." I said innocently.

"Watching you?!" He said looking at me with fear in his eyes.

I slowly nodded. He started breathing more rapidly and I inched away from him a little, unsure of what was going through his mind.

"What the hell is wrong with you Shawn?" I finally asked.

Brian pulled up in front of us in his blue mustang and honked the horn abruptly killing the beautiful silence. For some reason it made me look back at the girl. She was now scornfully looking at Brian's car. When she had noticed me her face relaxed and for a moment we looked at each other curiously.

"Sheena let's go!" Shawn yelled at me from the passenger seat.

"Okay, okay...damn!" I said getting into the backseat.







© 2011 Holly O'Brien


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WTH, what's up with the blond girl? C'mon! You have to tell me! Great chapter! Way to leave me leaning in...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 2, 2011
Last Updated on January 2, 2011


Author

Holly O'Brien
Holly O'Brien

Macon, Georgia



About
Well I was born and raised in Nassau, Bahamas but I currently reside in Macon, Georgia where I attend college (IT major). Writing has always been my passion and it always will be. A very good friend .. more..

Writing