Remind  Me(Part 6)

Remind Me(Part 6)

A Chapter by Holly O'Brien

When we got to our house, Shawn quickly got out of the car and held the door so I could get out after.

"Hey man, not today alright?" Shawn told Brian calmly, stopping him from getting out of the car.

"Come on dude, what are you talking about? You know the usual...I come in, grab a beer and we talk s**t for an hour..." Brian said enthusiastically. But Shawn looked at him with dull aggravation.

"Fine!" Brian said offended. He started the car and shook his head at Shawn before speeding off.

"What the hell is up with you Shawn?" I asked frustratedly. He was really acting like a jerk. Even though I didn't care that it was Brian, the fact that he was being this way rubbed me the wrong way.

Shawn didn't respond to me, he just opened the front door and got inside with me two steps behind. I waited for him to speak but he never did. He marched to his room and again I walked two step behind him.

"Shawn answer me d****t..." I started to say before he quickly placed his hand over my mouth.

"Sheena...that girl..." he began to say. He removed his hands from my lips and sat on his bed.

"That girl is Alysa's sister..." he breathed out before looking at me.

My heart felt like led in my chest and I became so speechless not even the smallest word could escape my mouth. The surface of my tongue felt dry and I started to feel hot as if the temperature in the room had increased by forty degrees.

"I didn't wanna have to tell you...You said you don't know why she was watching you?" He asked.

I only shook my head and then quickly left his room to hide in my own.

       *************************************************

For the rest of the afternoon I lied in bed hoping that I would just wake up and find out all of it had been a dream. Still, each time I opened my eyes, I still felt the weight of fear and guilt pressing heavily against my chest, pressing the air from my lungs.

Someone knocked on my door but I said nothing, hoping they would just leave me alone. Instead the door cracked open and dad poked his head in.

"Mind if I come in for a minute?" He asked. The gentleness in his voice was always a comfort.

I gave a short smile and he smiled back as he came in. He sat on the bed next to me and I noticed something in his hand.

"How's my baby girl?" He asked softly.

"Good..." I lied with my face half covered in my blanket. "How are you dad?" I asked

"Good..." he said, slightly nodding with a simple smile.

"What you got there?" I asked, hinting at the thin, brown, leather book in his hand.

"Oh, this?...It's nothing..." He said playfully slapping it against his palm.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"This is something I want you to have, and I'm sure your mother would want you to have it too."

"What is it?" I said sitting up.

"Your mother, she used to write in this a lot. Not a day passed by that she did not write something in it." He said handing it to me.

I opened it and flipped through the pages....each page had words on them from top to bottom.

" I read some of it...but I think your mother was a little too deep for me..." He said chuckling.

I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed as tight as I could. It was something of my mother and I was more than grateful to have it.

"Thanks dad..." I said as tears trickled down my cheeks.

"Hey..." he said gently wiping the tears away. "You really miss her don't you?"

"I do...I miss her so much..." I cried.

"I  miss her too..." He said with a sigh. "and I want you to promise me...that you will always let me be here for you....I love you no matter what...you hear me?" He said looking me in the eyes.

"I promise..." I said hugging him again. I wished I could have stayed that way, just holding onto dad and never having to face the world again.





© 2011 Holly O'Brien


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

*leaves me misty eyed* Nicely written....good chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 2, 2011
Last Updated on January 2, 2011


Author

Holly O'Brien
Holly O'Brien

Macon, Georgia



About
Well I was born and raised in Nassau, Bahamas but I currently reside in Macon, Georgia where I attend college (IT major). Writing has always been my passion and it always will be. A very good friend .. more..

Writing