Do you Believe? (Part 8)

Do you Believe? (Part 8)

A Chapter by Holly O'Brien

I ran further along the street until I could see tall boy stopping to gasp for air…then Nate did the same just a few inches ahead of him. I did not stop running though, I couldn’t.


“Sheena!!” Nate shouted breathlessly in vain.


In two minutes of running I could see the trees that marked my side of town and headed for them, the tall pines stood before me rich in green. This was the spot, where I came to think on many days. Once I passed through the barrier of trees that lined just beyond the quiet road I leaped down a steep slope that slanted into a small stream. When I landed on my feet I suddenly caught a glimpse of a red headed little girl standing on the opposite side of the stream. Alyssa?


Startled, I slipped over a wet stone onto my back and my head hit hard onto another large stone with a thud. The pain sent stillness throughout my skull causing my surroundings to go mute. A dark circle was closing in on me and in that last moment, Alyssa stood over me, her face looked down into mine…pale and lifeless.


“Mommy mommy!” I shouted gleefully.


I could see myself running toward a beautiful slim woman. Her red hair blew in the wind as she laughed in bliss, full of life. The child that was me, just five or six…ran toward her and she waited with open arms. Thick green grass matted our feet and the large green oak trees circled around us.


“Sheena, my angel…” She exclaimed scooping me up from the ground.


Twirling around...the air rushed along my face and I could feel magic flowing all through me.


“Mommy, mommy!” I cried. Tears streaked my cheeks but I was happy, my heart was overflowing in joy. My mind was free.


“You are mommy’s little angel…” I heard her voice say. But the voice came from everywhere, all around.


I closed my eyes dwelling on the moment…tugging at mom so tightly I didn’t want to lose her, not again.


I could feel warmness against my face and slowly opened my eyes. The smell of wet soil flowed through my lungs. I was on my back looking up at the late afternoon sky.  Sitting up near the bank of the stream, I looked around frantically but there was no one. Suddenly, a pain magnified from the rear of my head all the way to the front and I reached to feel a wet spot beneath my hair. My fingers were dabbed in thin smears of blood. I had bled but not much.


“Mommy…” I whispered as I clutched my knees against my chest and began rocking back and forth.


I did not want that dream to leave me, I had felt her, she was holding me…and I cried trying to prevail from a pain that refused to leave me alone.



© 2011 Holly O'Brien


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on March 10, 2011
Last Updated on June 27, 2011


Author

Holly O'Brien
Holly O'Brien

Macon, Georgia



About
Well I was born and raised in Nassau, Bahamas but I currently reside in Macon, Georgia where I attend college (IT major). Writing has always been my passion and it always will be. A very good friend .. more..

Writing