Stolen Gifts (Part 3)

Stolen Gifts (Part 3)

A Chapter by Holly O'Brien

"Shawn...what am I going to do?" I asked between sobs.

We were gripping at each other so tightly I could not flinch a muscle. His shirt was damp from my tears and yet I was still crying just as heavily as I had started to so many minutes ago. He was silent. I loosened myself so that I could look him in the eyes.

"I have to tell dad....and the police." I cried.

Shawn looked at me with his eyes wide opened as if it was the craziest thing to say.

"No..." He shook his head. "No you can't...they're not going to find out it was you." He said hysterically.

I looked at him tiredly, already it was too much of a burden for him. "I have to....I can't live with this anymore......I killed her Shawn." As those last words left my mouth I could hardly believe what they meant.

"No!!" Shawn said abruptly shaking his head like a madman. He paced quickly toward the door and then back to me. "I'll tell them I did it!"

"Shawn don't be stupid!" I said pushing past him as I walked towards the door. I was going to tell dad and ultimately confess to the police. No longer would I live with this horrid secret. It was eating me alive day by day on the inside.

When I opened the door Shawn hurled him self at it shutting it back closed.

"I'll tell them I did it Sheena!" He said fearlessly as he looked me straight in the eye.

I wanted to knock him unconscious and confess to everyone before he could wake up and do such a foolish thing. But deep inside I felt I would have done the same, if it were him that killed Alyssa.

"Just let it all run over....after a while everyone will forget..." Shawn pleaded.

"Forget?! How can I forget? How could I ever forget..." I exclaimed as tears began to well in my eyes again.

"Sheena please...just give it some time...you'll see..." He slid down onto the floor and sat there looking up at me. "You'll see" he repeated as if he was assuring himself.



© 2010 Holly O'Brien


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Holy crap!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't think she'll see :l
Sad story.. and a really interesting story

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very nice :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2010
Last Updated on October 31, 2010


Author

Holly O'Brien
Holly O'Brien

Macon, Georgia



About
Well I was born and raised in Nassau, Bahamas but I currently reside in Macon, Georgia where I attend college (IT major). Writing has always been my passion and it always will be. A very good friend .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..