Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ice Girl

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Prologue.



3 years ago…

 

I ran down the street hoping no one would notice and luckily, not kill me. I hid behind on the shopping carts instantly smelling raw fish. I hurried to another cart grimacing along the way. This market place was here for many ages and new merchants came here to sell so-called valuable goods for more expensive prices than they sold before. Lucky for me, it was night and creatures, like fairies and wizards, already left the market going back to their homes. 

But there was itsy - bitsy problem for me. Since it was night time, creatures which were vampires, werewolves and many other horrible creatures were out on the streets. Much better for me when no one saw me since I didn’t want to be caught at all. As I went from cart to cart which were without any food or goods, I looked around trying to detect the figure I wanted to see. I couldn’t see in the dark as well as he did and besides that, I didn’t know a spell for that. Well, who could blame me? I’m only beginning to control my powers. 

I grumbled looking around once before I ran into the person and stumbled back. Person stood still and turned around light coming from his outstretched hand. Wizard. But why is he here? I frowned as light caught his face and his features. I glowered at him, but since he made no move to grab me and as soon as I saw who it was, I stopped glaring and blushed hoping he wouldn’t see my face. “Sorry.”

Aaron chuckled and nodded giving me a hand to help me. “It’s all good. Don’t worry about that.” I smiled and took his hand as he pulled me up. I released his hand as soon as I got up and brushed myself off still slightly blushing. “What are you doing here so late?” I asked him as I looked him over.

He was handsome as ever. Perfect face, board shoulders and muscular chest that can make any girl faint in sight of him. His brown hair bangs fell into his warm brown eyes as he watched me with what I was thinking somewhat interest. Even though he was fifteen years old, he looked like sixteen which made him even more handsome. “Just taking a walk before I go back home.” Airon shrugged carelessly and started walking once again down the street right in the middle of it.

 I stared at his back for awhile before catching up with him. “Good to know.” Home, or to be more exact the orphanage, was the place we grew up together and lived there ever since our parents abandoned us. That and the thing that we were both wizards was all we had in common. He was witty, good-looking, nice, kind, sweet and especially he never fought with anyone. As I was smart which helped me doing my pranks on our teachers, always going into the fights and being sarcastic causing me get grounded.  

Always he saved me from punishments but not from the fights. He took the blame and made people believe that he actually did those things when I did them. Aaron wouldn’t betray me and will follow up to the end of the world we were living in. I truly believed that.

I sighed softly and glanced at him seeing that he was looking at me with those brown eyes, “Are you okay? Ever since I saw you, you were down like something heavy was put on you. You can tell me anything, Violet. You know that, right?” I nodded quickly hating the effect that he had on me. 

“Alright.” I nodded and bit my lip slightly before saying quickly hoping that he would understand me. “Would you run away with me if you had a chance? Would you leave this poor town and go to the much better town where no one, even vampires, would kill you? Do you want to live free from all of this?”

Aaron raised a brow his gaze never wavering before shaking his head. “I can’t. This is my home. I lived here since I was brought here. I don’t have any skills and spells that will help me survive in another town and any money. Don’t you remember that we are orphans? No one, even our parents, doesn’t want us.”

His words stung in my heart as I felt tears coming up but before he could see them, I wiped my eyes with back of my hand. There is nothing to be sad about. He has a good reason to say that, right? I thought to myself and said. “So you won’t come with me? Don’t you want to break free of this walls that are around us and explore the world that is filled with other creatures that people don’t even know about? I do! I want to leave this place for ever and forget about it! I want to live a normal life!” I whispered angrily as I saw a shadow move in front of us.

Aaron glared at me and shook his head, “No. This is my home. I won’t leave it ever in my life. You can say anything you want, but I don’t. Want. To. Leave. You shouldn’t as well.” He snapped at me before starting to walk again but faster than he did before.

I was taken aback by his sudden outburst and especially his glare. Normally he would be pretty calm since his temper almost never rose, but now he was all fired up just because I asked him if he would leave with me. And I got my answer. I exclaimed, “Fine! I’ll leave by myself then!” When I said so, the sign that marked the place as store with some antique objects lit up on bright white fire. Hearing the crackle of fire and seeing the light on the ground, I glanced to my right and soon my look turned into a stare at it wondering how could have I did it when I said no spell of what so ever.

As sign burned, the shadow that I have seen before moved and soon it was holding my arms behind my back tightly. I turned my head to see my holder and gulped seeing Guard of Academy. Academy was a place for misbehaving wizards and there, they were taught how to control themselves and their powers. They wore uniforms with a mark that looked like bird being chained to a pole and were all elegant which made me want to gag. I didn’t want to go there. I wanted to be free and now I was going to be trapped in that building. 

 “No!” I screamed struggling in the grip of the guard, “Aaron! Help me! Please!” As called out for him, he stopped and turned around standing there with emotionless face not even trying to break me free from the grasp the strong Guard. When I caught coldness in his gaze which was directed straight at me, I felt burning tears slip down my face leaving and drew a shuddering breath trying not to cry as hard as I wanted. 

When I stopped struggling, guard hoisted me up on the saddle with him behind me. Seeing my chance, I jumped down from the horse and ran towards Aaron. Taking him by the shoulders, I shook him, “Aaron! Please!” Guard seeing me jump off the saddle sighed heavily and followed me down once again taking hold of me. He spoke lowly into my ear as he put dagger under my throat, “Let’s go before I make you to.”

I bit my lip hard and looked at Aaron begging him to save me. He looked at me with those icy eyes, I loved so much and now that made me shudder, and shook his head, “No, Violet. Just go with them.”

I screamed once again and this time, I let guard hoist me up back on the horse. He tied a rope around my waist and put it into his hands as well the reins. Guard clicked his tongue and horse started walking swiftly in soft gallop. As I cast one more glance behind me at Aaron, I felt hate building up in me like a ball of energy. 

I growled and shouted on top of my lungs with pure hate that was directed at the boy that I loved as well cared just few minutes ago, “I hate you!” Guard shushed me and put his horse into gallop heading towards the school. Whatever happens, I won't forget what you did, I vowed to myself as I got farther and farther away.



© 2012 Ice Girl


Author's Note

Ice Girl
New version!



Featured Review

I feel kind of stupid to just notice the tense change, but when I read, tenses really do fly out of the window.
This is a mistake I made sometime ago. Sudden tense change.

You started in present, indicated by the "have", "know", and other verbs. And at the last sentence of the first paragraph, you changed into past. (Didn't)
Watching tenses (so it's consistent) is a bit hard at first, but it can be done.

A word of advice: Use strong verbs. By that I mean, try to not use "was" or "were" and the likes and use the more specific verb.
"I was still hesitating." --> "I hesitated."
"I think I had a surprised look" --> "I think I looked surprised."

Peace!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.



Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

Reviews

I love the last two lines... very visual/mental. Catchy... I will read on. ~JenniferNichole

Posted 7 Years Ago


Congratulations! This book has been nominated for a Bright Award! we will get back to you on November 30th for our winners.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow. O.O

LOVE IT!

Can't wait read more.
Awesome job well done. :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aw! So sad! Can't wait to read more! :D

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting, quite a bit different from the old version but still looks like it's going to be a great story.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice write, seem like it will be a good book.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aww...real sad :'( but it sounds interesting so far :D

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't think I am going to end up liking Airon much. Still, I know I shouldn't be judging so early into the story. I feel sorry for Violet.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You need som help with tenses. In regarding third person writing. My advice is to read a novel and take notice the author does not use the word "I"outside diolog. Second ask a english teacher regarding the difference in frist person and thrid person writing and how each are used. You will most likely find first person is used in bios, letters. Second person is used for papers you will write in school. Third person is for story and novel writing. Read a novel or two and you will see. I have no idea what teachers are teaching these days or why students do not or refuse to listen. I beg for you to learn all you can.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

415 Views
14 Reviews
Added on December 8, 2011
Last Updated on October 15, 2012
Previous Versions


Author

Ice Girl
Ice Girl

Canada



About
Hello, guys! What to tell... Well, I a simple romantic and fantasy lover so anything that goes from elves to trolls is perfect for me to read. I dislike books that don't have any romance (not even a .. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 - Max Chapter 2 - Max

A Chapter by Ice Girl



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Jameela Jameela

A Chapter by Ami N.


The Soldier The Soldier

A Poem by Ami N.


MYNA MYNA

A Poem by ~Dragon X